• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Addicted to Ebay

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
I bought a bunch of glasses on Ebay thru the bidding process because I thought I was getting 'lucky' getting Oakley glasses at such a great price. And I was getting addicted to the whole bidding thing because it was like 'winning'. I hope I don't offend by being so naive, but I didn't think about whether or not things were fakes, until I tried to sell a couple, and was asked the question of whether or not what I was trying to sell was a fake. I just assumed that everything from Ebay was legit, because it seemed anything I bought had disclaimers saying it was 100% authentic. Does Ebay allow fakes to be sold? And is there anything I can do if I did buy a bunch of fake glasses?

I bought a bunch of glasses on Ebay thru the bidding process because I thought I was getting 'lucky' getting Oakley glasses at such a great price. And I was getting addicted to the whole bidding thing because it was like 'winning'. I hope I don't offend by being so naive, but I didn't think about whether or not things were fakes, until I tried to sell a couple, and was asked the question of whether or not what I was trying to sell was a fake. I just assumed that everything from Ebay was legit, because it seemed anything I bought had disclaimers saying it was 100% authentic. Does Ebay allow fakes to be sold? And is there anything I can do if I did buy a bunch of fake glasses?

Yes they allow them to be sold. More money in their pocket.

If you paid with paypal and its still within 6 months of the purchase date you can file a claim with paypal

Ebay sells alot of fakes as long as they are making their cut they dont care I washed my hands with them awhile back,if u sell on Ebay now takes 21 days to get your money but they take their cut after the sale
I'm not sure of how many days u got to file a calm but from now on ask on here they are a bunch of good guys an gals with tons of knowledge

In Peace Prepare For War

First of all, yes. Ebay does sell fakes, or rather, fakes do appear on Ebay on a regular basis. It's parr for the course.

Can you claim money back, depends on the duration from the time you purchased them, to now. It also depends as to whether they stated they were real Oakleys, or just suggested.

eBay is an amoral entity, and it's a minefield for all but the most experienced buyer.
Even after being told that an item is fake, they do nothing to remove the item, and I have given up doing so.
They just take their money and run...
IF capitalism had a conscience, ( and Consumer protection "laws" worked), there would be a Congressional inquiry to address this fraud.
There are great, and reputable sellers on this site, and I would encourage you to "win" your bids here...

one thing is sure, the internet is a great thing, but it has certainly also fueled addiction .... be it buying more stuff than you can afford/need, then there is online gambling...tons of other stuff,

i don't buy stuff on ebay, but i can totally understand OP, millions of others have the same issue. the rush of buying/winning ....

getting addicted to online things is very easy.
to sum it up: i feel your pain OP

one thing is sure, the internet is a great thing, but it has certainly also fueled addiction .... be it buying more stuff than you can afford/need, then there is online gambling...tons of other stuff,

i don't buy stuff on ebay, but i can totally understand OP, millions of others have the same issue. the rush of buying/winning ....

getting addicted to online things is very easy.
to sum it up: i feel your pain OP

+1

eBay is an amoral entity, and it's a minefield for all but the most experienced buyer.
Even after being told that an item is fake, they do nothing to remove the item, and I have given up doing so.
They just take their money and run...
IF capitalism had a conscience, ( and Consumer protection "laws" worked), there would be a Congressional inquiry to address this fraud.
There are great, and reputable sellers on this site, and I would encourage you to "win" your bids here...

Spot on! ya I’ve also given up on reporting since they don’t take them down! They could have a ton of people report a fake item and they still do absolutely nothing to take them down! If it was a confederate flag they would take it down though.

Back