• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advantages/Disadvantages Between First And 2nd Gen. XX Ti02

KKSigs

Oakley Beginner
Any major differences or advantages over each other? Which finish holds up better? or better resale value? Looking to purchase one, but which one to get? Thanks in advance

if you are going to mostly display it and wear them only on a few special occasions i prefer the look of first gen. myself. However if you wear them any salts/oils will damage the finish over time unless you are careful to clean them after handling or wearing them. Finding a pair that isn't already damaged can also be a bit of a a challenge. Values tend to be pretty similar, a mint first gen. might go a little higher than a second in the same condition, but the cheapest ones you'll find are usually discolored first gen. models, and overall second gen. tends to have a higher average value because of that. There have been a few reports of problems with later gen. plasma, but they are not nearly as commom.

XX - Ti02 - Black 04-121. First generation XT######. Second generation XT######A. No 'major' differences between the two generations, box type and coin and basic contents are the same, there are however differences with the labels, the first label was black with a horizontal image of the glass, then later issued with black and silver with the glass vertical. Serial numbers should match the bar-code label. Personally I have all four XX as first generation issues, three have the black label and Plasma - Ice has text, but I got them some time ago, if you are looking for these now I would suggest a pair from either generation in the best condition that is complete that has a matching serial, whether high or low. There is also no later 2009 release option with this as there was with the 24K and X Metal - Black pairs. I would expect the value of equal condition pairs between the two generations to be higher with the first, which is also likely to be the most desired of the two.

1st gen xx tio2 has the "bone white" plasma finish, while the 2nd gen have a darker plasma. but the 1st gen xx tio2 is more prone to discoloration.

I prefer the looks of the 1st gen xx tio2 compared to the 2nd gen.

Latest Posts

Back