• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice regarding PayPal claims

Thanks @SiRacer420 and @OakleyFrankFMJ. Leaves a bad taste but hopefully it works out. Hate the idea that I was gullible or in some way encouraged the guy…
Nah man the dude is a scammer plain and simple. He was shady to begin with and you're not alone. Don't feel bad, not much you could have done different. I mean a guy says he's gonna ship and has good feedback, I'd believe him too. Look at the up side, you learned a valuable lesson on how paypal claims work and the process you go through and hopefully you're not out anything at all. You should be able to look back at the conversation and see anything that sticks out as shady in hindsight and use that in your future dealings as a guide of what to look out for.

All in all it's a bunch of good dudes here and one or two ass clowns, I'm not even talking about Dingo and Frank lol Word gets around and you can be sure that your douchebag seller is already blacklisted with a large portion of the buyers here, not that he would have the balls to show up with his current username anyway.

Let us know how it goes and good luck on your hunt for the X Squared. Just watch out for the Metal Hog of Central Texas, he has a resurfaced boner for that frame and can sniff them out from a mile away, he's quick on the draw too!

Thanks for the information and advice, PayPal has finalised the claim and I should have my money back in 5 days apparently! Guess then I (cautiously) go on the hunt for the x- squared I wanted in the first place. Definitely do seem to be "a bunch of good dudes here" and I plan on hanging around. Not sure I can afford to have a collection the likes of some of you but I have my sights on at least one of each X-metal in the future.

Good deal man. That should be proof enough that he's a scammer to get him booted but I doubt it'll happen. Happy you'll be ok though. Good luck on that XS hunt! Post pics when you get it, we loooooove pics!

Back