• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After having told a guy about his fake sunglasses .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
technically all linegears products would be replica
Age old discussion....
After slogging through it a couple times here, this is what I have walked away.....
1. Fakes shouldn't be sold even if ID'ed as such..... continues to fuel and feed into the whole fake market problem.
2. As OEM replacement parts are no longer available it appears to be acceptable to supply and sell said parts to keep our gear in service.
It's Fridays Fuggers! :drinks:
maybe someone wants to look cool, but doesnt want to drop $400 on a plate, so they buy a fake for $50. I dont see an issue with it.

Agree to disagree. We both are in agreement, we wouldnt wear fakes, but some people dont want to or have the dispensible income.

My point is, if someones knowingly selling fakes and labeling them as the original item, then thats fraud. Plain and simple.

Exactly, it's illegal to manufacture and sell fake/counterfeit items.
Because you are violating trademarks and patented designs.

The name Oakley is protected, and all their models and designs are as well.

As stated, remove oakley from the name.

why cant you sell replica items?

i guess dont call them oakleys, but call them aftermarket inspired minutes. again, i wouldnt do it. but people sell aftermarket products here, such as spencers rubber bands or zachs screws. I am just trying to understand the difference.
The glasses have Oakley written on them, and in Oakley's font..... that is a trademark violation. The design is illegal to copy as well.

With out knowing exactly what the items you are talking is, i would say rubber bands and screws are spare parts, that no longer are being offered from Oakley right? therefore you have to get them from other manufactures in order for your glasses to work?

That is not illegal then, if it is for yourself, or if you sell them and let the buyer know your have replaced original parts with parts from another manufacturer.

The glasses have Oakley written on them, and in Oakley's font..... that is a trademark violation. The design is illegal to copy as well.

With out knowing exactly what the items you are talking is, i would say rubber bands and screws are spare parts, that no longer are being offered from Oakley right? therefore you have to get them from other manufactures in order for your glasses to work?

That is not illegal then, if it is for yourself, or if you sell them and let the buyer know your have replaced original parts with parts from another manufacturer.
spencers bands have oakley on them. i am not purposely calling him out, but im making a point.

we let him sell those on this platform and they sell on ebay. i guess there must be some imaginary line in the sand.

My point is, if someones knowingly selling fakes and labeling them as the original item, then thats fraud. Plain and simple.
[/QUOTE]

And that was the case here.
@Kyle1976 , a guy still holding a OF Membership, is selling knowingly fakes on Ebay. Plain and simple. He would probably still do so, if he wouldn’t have been called out.
The OF rules should be more clear about this kind of behavior.
No matter where you sell fakes, you get terminated from OF.
Very simple.

And that was the case here.
@Kyle1976 , a guy still holding a OF Membership, is selling knowingly fakes on Ebay. Plain and simple. He would probably still do so, if he wouldn’t have been called out.
The OF rules should be more clear about this kind of behavior.
No matter where you sell fakes, you get terminated from OF.
Very simple.
[/QUOTE]

no doubt~scummy as hell

spencers bands have oakley on them. i am not purposely calling him out, but im making a point.

we let him sell those on this platform and they sell on ebay. i guess there must be some imaginary line in the sand.
okay, i don't know what those are........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back