• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

@OakleyFrankFMJ and @THE X-MAN are right!
I've actually had my Juliet's tuned by Oakley in the bridge, and that wasn't snug either.
A job I recently cut lenses for was tuned up by the X-Man before I did my job. And OMG it was tight :)
Who wouldn't like that?

"OMG it was tight :)Who wouldn't like that?"

nice bro :D i like em tight too :p

I recently purchased Fuse+ F30 Amber/Rose Polarized lenses

Soon after I put them on, my eyes become strained. It wasn't like any feeling iv ever felt. Felt like my eyes were flexing and relaxing constantly for the 2 hours I had them on.

Iv never worn Amber lenses before but they felt a tad hazy. I wouldn't say the clarity was the problem. It was almost as if they created a reddish field of view while at the same time they did not increase contrast so it appeared to mud up if that makes any sense.

The polarization was very weak, if they were even polarized at all. Reflections of my dash on the windshield seemed 95 percent unaffected. I fished for a while of a dock and it seemed very hit n miss with the glare. There were two times where the position I was in and the angle I was looking blocked almost all glare and I was able to actually see about 7 feet deep and watch a crawfish crawl into my pot!!
Other than those two angles glare had the strong upper hand that evening.

As far as customer service goes I have to give them an A+. I emailed them with my concerns and they promptly sent me a second pair no questions asked.

I recently purchased Fuse+ F30 Amber/Rose Polarized lenses

Soon after I put them on, my eyes become strained. It wasn't like any feeling iv ever felt. Felt like my eyes were flexing and relaxing constantly for the 2 hours I had them on.

Iv never worn Amber lenses before but they felt a tad hazy. I wouldn't say the clarity was the problem. It was almost as if they created a reddish field of view while at the same time they did not increase contrast so it appeared to mud up if that makes any sense.

The polarization was very weak, if they were even polarized at all. Reflections of my dash on the windshield seemed 95 percent unaffected. I fished for a while of a dock and it seemed very hit n miss with the glare. There were two times where the position I was in and the angle I was looking blocked almost all glare and I was able to actually see about 7 feet deep and watch a crawfish crawl into my pot!!
Other than those two angles glare had the strong upper hand that evening.

As far as customer service goes I have to give them an A+. I emailed them with my concerns and they promptly sent me a second pair no questions asked.
Let us know how the new lenses perform. I have a set of Fuse G15 and like them a lot. I have sensitive eyes to the light but have rarely encountered a set of lenses I got head aches. That task is reserved for my wife :)

I joined this forum to share what I have discovered about the Linegear products. I have Romeo & Juliet frames purchased in 97 and 99 respectively. Each frame has had the lenses and rubbers replaced by OEM parts a few times in the past. Last year it was too expensive and difficult to find the OEM parts. I started just like you all, researching for non Oakley items. I was overwhelmed with all of the brands that offered X Metal replacement lenses; however, Linegear offered everything else in addition to the lenses. I spent $270 dollars to refurbish both frames by replacing everything but the frames themselves. I purchased the standard silver mirror lenses made in Japan for my Romeos. I went with the black NXT lenses for my Juliets. Due to not wearing the Romeos for close to 5 years (had too many scratches), I retired the Juliets. Honestly, I thought something was off when I first put them on, but continued to wear them for about 6 months because I was so glad to have them back. Recently I started getting headaches constantly, I could not figure out why. I had purchased another Juliet frame from Craigslist and started researching 3rd party lenses again. After reading more in depth concerning clarity and issues with headaches, I switched to the Juliets (NXT lenses). I realized it was the standard lenses in the Romeos causing the issue. After performing further research, the NXT lens' material is made by PPG and only PPG. It goes to other companies for fabricating and/or cutting for their specific application. The U.S. military uses it for the Apache Helicopter's windshield. The quality control for the product is much tighter than the other 3rd party brands. The most significant difference, NXT is not a polycarbonate, it is a polyurethane based polymer. The only two drawbacks I have with the NXT lenses are, there is not a silver or mirrored lens to hide the eyes and I wish they were darker. I went ahead and ordered the blue NXT lenses for my second Juliets, I think they will overcome my two previous complaints. After getting them installed, I will post my findings.

On a sidenote, I also ordered the pin pusher tool to remove the nose bridge pins on Juliets. This is the best thing I have come across to repair Juliets, It was cheaper purchasing that rather than sending the frames out for someone else to repair. I recommend!

Wow... 6 months for a pair of lenses, they last real good and you have a sense of self care of your expensive toy ;) One customer buy the Red every month. I wonder he has many frames to play around or use it daily.

Just a side note, not sure if it is relevant to this threads. As for the headache from the standard silver mirror, we need to learn more for sure. Can you communicating with us regarding this? How about PM? We will learn and update our knowledge. We keep learning and improving. Recently, switch a hair gel but get headaches as well, then try a new brand, no issue. Talked to a doctor, he said he can't figure whether the gel or the heat or the dye color allergy.... Just too busy to figure out, I am now happy so, just avoid that brand. A natural reaction.

As for customizing a frame I myself like the pin pusher, for the fact that it allows a full self-customization possible. If you have a lot of frames; 50$ a pair of tune up fee is a lot. I agree our coupler is not that "tight" but take the frame on and off daily; tightness is not an issue, unless it is for reselling. It is different people different opinion; for sure; remember these frames are built to last a life time; just don't abuse the tool and break the connector of the orbital!!

Thanks the community of xmetal user for the support. We just focus on what we are good and keep bringing new and exciting products that add value to everyone.

Wow... 6 months for a pair of lenses, they last real good and you have a sense of self care of your expensive toy ;) One customer buy the Red every month. I wonder he has many frames to play around or use it daily.

Just a side note, not sure if it is relevant to this threads. As for the headache from the standard silver mirror, we need to learn more for sure. Can you communicating with us regarding this? How about PM? We will learn and update our knowledge. We keep learning and improving. Recently, switch a hair gel but get headaches as well, then try a new brand, no issue. Talked to a doctor, he said he can't figure whether the gel or the heat or the dye color allergy.... Just too busy to figure out, I am now happy so, just avoid that brand. A natural reaction.

As for customizing a frame I myself like the pin pusher, for the fact that it allows a full self-customization possible. If you have a lot of frames; 50$ a pair of tune up fee is a lot. I agree our coupler is not that "tight" but take the frame on and off daily; tightness is not an issue, unless it is for reselling. It is different people different opinion; for sure; remember these frames are built to last a life time; just don't abuse the tool and break the connector of the orbital!!

Thanks the community of xmetal user for the support. We just focus on what we are good and keep bringing new and exciting products that add value to everyone.

Yes, I would be willing to speak with you concerning the Romeo silver lenses. I'm not exactly sure how to personal message you though. I actually emailed Linegear a week ago asking if there were any NXT Romeo lenses that were close to the OEM lenses offered (Iridium), I received a very vague reply. I now have been wearing the Juliets with the Black NXT lenses with no headaches. I have additional rubber parts on order from you to replace the gaskets on the Romeos, once I repair those I will start wearing again. I will let you know the results, if my headache comes back. It is a very unusual sensation looking through those lenses. My eye is telling my brain that something is "off." I can not identify what exactly it is. When I wear the Juliets with the NXT lenses, I really do not notice anything. After about 30 seconds, I completely forget that I am wearing them. I am hoping the blue NXT lenses I have on order for my second Juliet frames will be the same way.

In order to send PMs you must either be a member for two weeks + make 15 posts or purchase a premium membership to get the functionality immediately.

Same requirements for accessing the exchange section.

Thank you for the info. I thought something was wrong when I could not find the option.

The blue NXT lenses for the Juliet frames came in today, only spent two hours replacing the parts due to a stripped screw head. I had to drill it out, the rubber band trick did not work this time. First impression of these lenses are amazing, these are the first NXT lenses with a mirror exterior coat placed on them. After wearing them for approximately 15 minutes, I was judging reflection of light coming off of objects. I honestly thought they were polarized, I held my son's frames 90 degrees turned in relation to mine just see if the completely darkened. These are NOT polarized; however, they mimic by reducing the glare and reflections off of shiny objects. These have a 12% transmissivity compared to my other Juliet frames with NXT black (no mirror finish) allowing 21% transmissivity. These were great considering the sun was out and bright today. These are absolutely the cleanest non-OEM lenses I have seen. Linegear, PLEASE make NXT lenses that are like the Oakley Black Iridium lenses from the late 90s.

Now, I was going to share information concerning Linegear's standard lenses that are in my Romeo frames. Sorry to say, but when I was replacing the gaskets, I noticed the lenses have started developing hairline cracks around the edges. They give me head aches, now they are broken, I give up. Until Linegear starts offering NXT black mirror lenses, I am going to retire them. Very disappointing considering I bought them in March. Yes, I do take impeccable care of each frame. They are always in the microfiber bag if I am not wearing them. I never leave them in my car during the day in the hot sun and I have never dropped them. There are absolutely no scratches on the surfaces, only the hairline cracks - very disappointing.

I will continue to post additional info on the NXT lenses after wearing them for a couple of days.

Back