• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

Nice to hear the Fuse lenses were good. I haven't tried them, but I might if I can't get Oakley lenses custom cut.

I contacted them directly and spoke to someone, asking if they had any and they don't.

I was pretty disappointed in the Ikon lenses. I didn't expect Oakley quality... they're just not Oakley and at 1/4 the price, I assumed they weren't going to be top-notch. They were very clear, but they weren't dark enough, the polarization was sub-standard, and the reflection of my eyeball on the back of the lens in bright light was almost blinding.

I went to the Fuse website and looked at their collection of Zeiss lenses and was impressed by their collection - both in terms of colors and features. I noticed they have Fuse+ Zeiss polarized lenses and some lenses that have anti-reflective coating on the back of the lens, but not both. I contacted the owner and asked if there was a way I could get a Fuse+ lens with AR coating on the back. He said he had a few samples of the Fuse+ with AR on the back and would send me one if they had it in the color I wanted.

They arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm very impressed. My eyes relax as soon as I put them on, almost to the point that they did with the original Oakley lenses. I can barely see my eye reflection on the lens at all, and the polarization is about 85% the quality that I had with the Oakley lenses. With the price of $30, I'm VERY pleased. Fuse will be my replacement lenses from now on for all my discontinued Oakley frames.
Thanks for this. I just ordered a pair of these.

I go ally found a good description of the Carl Zeiss or whatever (that adds the "+"). Looks like there enhancing lenses, which sounds good to me!

They're selection is QUITE confusing... Haha. But I think I understand a bit better now...

Below is what I ordered for my PB2. I'll post pics and my opinions sometime after I receive.

378dd9073e978e57ada14ba371a6659e.jpg

The Fuse+ are polarized lenses that adhere to Zeiss' quality standards. They don't have the A/R coating on the back that the Fuse Ion lenses do. the Ion lenses are polarized, just not "Zeiss polarized." I asked specifically if the Fuse+ lenses had any A/R on the back of the lens, and the guy in charge told me that they only have a handful of samples in certain colors that had the A/R coating (they're not a regular production item,) and he would send me one when I made my order.

I don't know if the Sapphire Mirrors are one of the colors. I didn't ask for that one.

You might try to contact them and ask, if A/R is important to you.

I'm pleased enough that I will try some of the other colors that I wanted that don't have the A/R coating though. I like the Glacier Ions to go in my Fuel Cells.

The Fuse+ are polarized lenses that adhere to Zeiss' quality standards. They don't have the A/R coating on the back that the Fuse Ion lenses do. the Ion lenses are polarized, just not "Zeiss polarized." I asked specifically if the Fuse+ lenses had any A/R on the back of the lens, and the guy in charge told me that they only have a handful of samples in certain colors that had the A/R coating (they're not a regular production item,) and he would send me one when I made my order.

I don't know if the Sapphire Mirrors are one of the colors. I didn't ask for that one.

You might try to contact them and ask, if A/R is important to you.

I'm pleased enough that I will try some of the other colors that I wanted that don't have the A/R coating though. I like the Glacier Ions to go in my Fuel Cells.
I don't think I'm that worried about an anti reflective on the inside? Are you sure Oakley lenses even have anti reflective on the inside? Cause they don't seem like it to me at least.

But either way, I'm excited!

I don't think I'm that worried about an anti reflective on the inside? Are you sure Oakley lenses even have anti reflective on the inside? Cause they don't seem like it to me at least.

But either way, I'm excited!

Yes, Oakley lenses have an AR coating on the inside. In some misuse cases it's started to peel off for some people.

I can definitely tell the difference. Eyeball-reflection is a huge pet peeve for me, and I've never had it with a proper Oakley lens as bad as I've had it with other lenses. They're not 100% effective, but when it's almost as bright as the sunlight on the back of my lens, it's a problem... which is what the Ikon lenses did.

Meant to attach this..

7d802233b3c0d53911f2583c68865d78.jpg
52c269f908b39c548f22d4f5efcc1a5f.jpg

Yeah the AR coating won't make them totally non-reflective, but it reduces the effect. The problem it's trying to solve is light leakage causing distracting reflections while you're wearing them, and in my experience it does that well enough.

I bought a pair of fuse lenses and wasn't impressed. Will try them again though. Thank ks for the info.

Back