• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

I have been meaning to post this for a while, but kept getting side tracked. Anyway enough about that. Here are four red lenses available from Oakley, Ikon and Linegear. The reason behind doing this is to give a genurine side by side comparison of the colours so that people can decide what they like best.

Here is the first picture from the front:

View attachment 256208
View attachment 256209
Top Left: Linegear Premium Red Polar
Bottom Left: Ikon +Red Polar
Top Right: Oakley +Red Non-polar
Bottom Right: OO Red Irid Polar

I will address them in order top left to bottom right. The Linegear Premium Red lens is remarkably similar to the +Red from Oakley, although possibly a little less purple (this could be to do with lighting though). The OO Red also has a significant amount of purple and red. The one that stands out the most as being different is the Ikon +Red lens, which has a much deeper, richer, Ruby type appearance which is really nice.

However, it is the base tint where the lenses differ significantly. Both aftermarket lenses, Linegear and Ikon, have a greenish/grey appearance. I believe this to be down to the polarization layer. The Oakley +Red Non-polar has a more grey appearance (I do have a polarized version which also is more greenish). Finally we have the OO Red Iridium Polarized lens, which I have to admit is a favourite of mine. This combines the red/purple lens with really nice contrast base tint (pinkish). These are my daily XS pair with prescription lenses.;)
Thanks to this post, I bought me some Linegear lenses and holy hell do they look freaking good !!!

They have a lot of "hot pink" in them, which makes this lens super sexy...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Garage Rock Ikon lenses last week.

First impressions, they fit pretty easily. Not overly tight like some other brands, and not loose enough to rattle in the frames. Good start. I went with their fire iridium comparable. Lenses look pretty close to the actual O Fire Iridium. Lenses dont distort vision like some of the cheaper after market replacements Ive tried. So far so good. Now just to see the longevity of the finish after several cleanings.

20160614_165837.jpg
20160614_165849.jpg

How is the view through them tint wise?
Not sure who you are talking to, but I took a couple of pics for you anyways, just in case...

(1) Top picture is iPhone 6+ only
(2) Bottom picture is with the lens in front of the iPhone 6+

Dillon Lenses

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OEM Fire Polar (Juliet)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's closer to a BIP :)

The Dillon Lens I bought and had cut was called "Budd"...
OK, so it is more of a neutral grey tint then if it is BIP. Maybe it was the greenish hue of the Fire Iridium that threw me a bit. Thanks for the correction though. The clarity of the Dillon lens is totally unexpected. The technology they have developed for this purpose is a bit mind bending. The brain says NO o_O, but the reality is it works :D

OK, so it is more of a neutral grey tint then if it is BIP. Maybe it was the greenish hue of the Fire Iridium that threw me a bit. Thanks for the correction though. The clarity of the Dillon lens is totally unexpected. The technology they have developed for this purpose is a bit mind bending. The brain says NO o_O, but the reality is it works :D
Yeah, Dillon hit a HOMERUN with these lenses...

And here's what they look like from the outside :smoke:

image.jpeg

Back