• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Airwave Woes

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
So the Airwave has only been out for a few months and my local store just informed me that they were all recalled back to HQ. They suspected that it was because of the numerous hardware and software issues they've been having.

They have been "sold out" online since November but now it shows a date of October 2013 for the Gunmetal/Black Iridium.

Is the Airwave dead before it's even had a chance? I personally think Oakley rushed into this one so that it would be out for the holidays and this is another reason I'm against Oakley releasing electronics.

Perhaps they rushed into it. When I did a demo of one I found it tough to use. I had a hard time using the features while in motion. Hopefully they can work out the bugs and improve the future models.

Interesting. A few weeks back I was offered what I was told was the last pair of Airwaves on sale in the EU. I turned it down, went back a few days later and it was gone. Lucky me I guess.

I don't think all of them had issues but certainly a good chunk did. I know Recon is releasing updates on their own as well so you can just update it from them.

But who knows, they may never be in the EU again. Or at least for awhile.

They're still booking them with retailers for next fall, so can't be anything too serious.

Back