• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale All My Custom Goodies - Stands, Watch Holders and More!

Username Hidden said:
i’m not aware of current issue on unfair enforcement but here’s my thoughts on the matter.

i prefer if the forum drops this particular rule and let luxottica decide who’s infringing. let the member deal with luxottica themselves. i assume we are all adults and must be responsible/accountable for our actions.

but at the end of the day, it’s their forum; their rules.

I don’t have a problem with the rules the admins put in place and I agree it’s their forum, their rules. My issue is with only enforcing said rules on certain people versus others.

When you have a mod telling you that you broke a “rule” and you clearly and unarguably didn’t, I have a problem with that.

Hell, I know someone here that got reprimanded (and issued points) for “skirting the rules”. What the hell does that even mean? Either a rule was broken or it wasn’t. If someone is able to skirt a rule, then obviously the rules aren’t too clear.

You didn’t break a rule, but got around them so here are some naughty points?

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
i hear you buddy. that’s why i prefer this particular rule dropped to avoid unfair decisions. enforcement will be complicated as copyright is a complicated issue. i dont think the admins are equipped/knowledgeable enough to decide what is or isnt an infringement unless maybe if they are IP lawyers. who knows maybe they are

Username Hidden said:
i hear you buddy. that’s why i prefer this particular rule dropped to avoid unfair decisions. enforcement will be complicated as copyright is a complicated issue. i dont think the admins are equipped/knowledgeable enough to decide what is or isnt an infringement unless maybe if they are IP lawyers. who knows maybe they are
There is a resident IP lawyer on the forum who spoke about this topic in a separate thread, good info.

Clear a spot in your inbox dude! Got a question for ya.

bump