• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Love For Blades?

ace28539

Oakley Beginner
I've always been interested in the blades and the razorblades. They have that awesome retro vibe and some great customization with the earstems. Does anybody else like them as well? What about the re-issue? From what I've researched those reissues werent as well recieved as the Frogskins. Any thoughts on that?

I love the blades, I have one of the newer pairs, and my original pair that I had since I was in high school.

6356495745_8586da4e4d_z.jpg

6098764340_45d8bdfbdb_z.jpg

Blades have always been a favorite of mine.
Lost my last pair many years ago and never got a replacement.
Still have a Lens but no frame :(

Love the Blades! I really love the re-release, the hinges are so much better, although you can't change the earstems. I have a few pairs and still wear them.

Nice! Those look pretty awesome! Hows the build of the newer ones? I've heard that the first-run models had some brittle frames/earstems.
It was a pain to change the lens on the originals and if you changed the ear stems too often or did it too quickly you could damage the hinge. I haven't had the newer ones long, but they seem to be a higher quality build.

Those clear with ice lenses look just like m-frame strikes. Very nice. Are the newer releases difficult to find? Never tried to find a pair
I never went out looking for a pair either, the bike shop I go to was having a swap meet and their Oakley rep was there. I bought them from him. After that I've notice a few on ebay, most of them had very inflated prices in my opinion.

Since you guys are discussing them, I figured I would post a pix of a vintage pair from mid 80's. This is the crystal black with positive red iridium....

img0595va.jpg

Back