• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Know What This Means On My Fuel Cell Number ?

androponic

Oakley Beginner
CT, USA
I bought a pair of Oakley Fuel Cells and this designation after the sizing numbers isnt on any other pair I have. Anyone know its meaning?
Any help would be cool. Thanks.
inkFrog

I think some people speculated that it could stand for New Product Information. Seems to be printed on pairs made before general release. I have them on both my Union Jack and Old Glory frogs. I got both pairs before general release.

I was under the impression that it was "non production item" ie sample. I could be wrong.

I was under the impression that it was "non production item" ie sample. I could be wrong.

When Oakley puts out a sample for their reps they actually print "SALES SAMPLE" on the stem... such as this picture I so kindly added which is of the arm on my Crosslink.

hope that helps eliminate one option.

Last edited by a moderator:
They also put just "sample"
Non Production Item wouldnt really make sense if its next to a legit model number

I've personally never seen an NPI stamping but have seen a lot of Sample stamps. I wonder if they are one in the same and maybe NPI is used in other countries?

Back