1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Just wondering if the lenses for frogskins LX are identical to frogskins lenses?

Also I am trying to decide on a coloured lens for my black frames, I am struggling to decide so any opinions would be helpful! Options are jade, violet, fire or ruby.

I know it's personal preference but would be interested in people's opinions!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carlitocarlin

Carlitocarlin Oakley Beginner

I've found the LX lenses are a touch bigger than the regular ones, and a bit thicker too.

regular lenses will fit in them but they might wobble a touch, but it's hella hard to put the LX lenses into regular frames.

3. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Thanks for that, it was some lx lenses on eBay which I had in mind for some normal frogskins. Will give it a miss!

4. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

Also keep in mind (and you may already know this) that besides how the lenses look, there's also the view that YOU see when wearing them to consider.

For instance Violet - love how they look, hate the way everything looks brownish when wearing em ...

5. Carlitocarlin

Amen to that! I also love how fire looks, but absolutely cannot stand the tint

No worries! Glad to be of help

6. 350nick

350nick Oakley Beginner

Well I've ended up going for violet, I got a really good price on them. My brother has violet in his fuel cells and I remember quite liking it. I can always swap later if I decide I don't like them!

I also quite like fire to look through but I can see why some people wouldn't. I kinda like lenses which change colours a bit.

Just going to lookout for done dark lenses now for a more subtle/smart look. Probably something along the lines of black, dark bronze or grey.

Thanks for your help!

7. Carlitocarlin

Yeah I'm the opposite I don't like how they change haha

Glad you found what you wanted!!