• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Holbrook Metals adjustable at the ears?

Quick

Oakley Beginner
New to Oakleys and was looking at a pair of Holbrook Metals the other day. Pretty sure they were Standard fit but they were just a bit snug at the ears. I think I could use about 2 mm wider to get a grip that would be completely comfortable all day and still secure.

Will they loosen up just a bit with use?
Can they be "adjusted"?
I'm assuming the larger size (if there is one) would be too big -- both at the face and at the ears.

I really want a pair of these... brushed chrome/silver frame with Prizm black polarized lenses

New to Oakleys and was looking at a pair of Holbrook Metals the other day. Pretty sure they were Standard fit but they were just a bit snug at the ears. I think I could use about 2 mm wider to get a grip that would be completely comfortable all day and still secure.

Will they loosen up just a bit with use?
Can they be "adjusted"?
I'm assuming the larger size (if there is one) would be too big -- both at the face and at the ears.

I really want a pair of these... brushed chrome/silver frame with Prizm black polarized lenses

no...they are not "adjustable"...just the nose pieces...they do have a lil flex to them...I love mine ...matte black with 24K Iridium
Thanks. and I now gather that "Standard" fit is opposed to "Asian" fit rather than "small" and/or "large". ...does pretty much everybody have exactly the same distance between their ears? I think I'll still give them a shot.

I'm half asian and my Flak 2.0 are Asian fit and they fit great, but my Holbrook Metals are standard and fit great, I chose them over regular Holbrook because of the adjustable nose pads.

Anything is adjustable with enough heat and pressure.
Yes... but it would be a little disappointing to put a crease in those metal earpieces. My Rudy Projects are made to do that but I think with these I'll just have a bit of scalp removed above the ears if they press too hard.

Back