1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Intended to be a thread of first impressions, brief reviews, and related commentary from those who have spent some quality time with these :)

Note: this is NOT a thread to debate "If'" they are X-metal, if so how much, why, etc... Just looking for your thoughts on these, X-Metal comparisons not required ;)

My take:

Badman: :D
    Grade: B+
    Overall: Better than expected, a pleasant surprise!
    - The superior design of the two
    - Excellent eye coverage = good sunglasses (not just for show)
    - X Squared-sized with more of a C SIX type fit
    - They stay put well when moving (they don't fall off your face easily)
    - A nice variety of colorways (I have the Plasma/Sapphire & Dark Carbon/Daily Prizm; I might also get the Pewter/Tungsten soon)
    - Disappointed in the Ti X/Chrome since the Al/O-luminum looked like plastic (over-polished, perhaps?)
    - Design compliments the Prizm lenses since the coverage is very good - you get more out of them
    - The only real negative is that the lenses make some noise when flexing the orbitals, which cannot be good long term, but at least they flex a little :rolleyes:

Madman: :(
    Grade: C-
    Overall: Disappointed
    - The inferior design of the two
    - They feel weaker than the Badman
    - Not as similar to the Mars fit as they look - they feel way different
    - Practical use is limited due to poor eye coverage - they let light in from the inside and out - more useful as costume jewelry
    - The only colorway I even remotely liked was the Pewter/BIP - It had a bit of style and just enough color with a hint of 'steampunk' (so I bought that one)

//

Full review ?
    Maybe, maybe not - I like the Badman more than I thought, but my expectations were low. The Prizm and Sapphire lenses are a big value add - and a practical one at that! The Madman is simply a disappointment all around so aside from having one to have one I am not really inspired to say much more about the latter.

Last edited: 2/11/15
    headpatrolman and Brettc10 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

@MJLSr great review so far! ;)

i make it short . . .

Badman - is just Badass - great overall fit - Grade A++
    Madman - silly - nothing for my face like Moon or Mars - but still a cool design - Grade D

TheWannaBe likes this.
  3. Mdgustaf

Mdgustaf Oakley Expert Premium Member

Going to get my Madman tonight despite the reviews. To each their own as the saying goes, I'll add my two cents when I have them in hand! As always thank you @MJLSr for another review!

CrazyALee, silverdog and OGfrog like this.
  4. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

I forgot to mention - the standard edition (of both, less the Raw and Ferrari) all come with a standard brown MF bag = lame... you would think for something this special you'd get a bag with a little 'X' on it or something, but no...

TheWannaBe likes this.
  5. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

you said the madman lets in light? might it be that is too narrow? and also head size varies? I have not gotten any yet myself I hope soon.

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Don't you mean the standard black MF bag?

Sunglass Shack likes this.
  7. Oakleyguy

Oakleyguy Oakley Beginner

The Madman is straight up awesome and I will be getting a pair despite the initial negative thoughts. From a shear asthetic point they knocked it out of the park. These are definitely more show than go and that's fine by me.

8. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Have you not seen the pics of them.......they are the worst coverage sunnies even made, lol.

9. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

ive seen it. I cant tell till I try it. I know works better for smaller heads

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's.....well....you know. ;)