• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolfs Two Cents V0.1 - "Blades Are The New Frogskins"

Are the frames made out of lexan like the older m frames were? If so that could be an issue. Good read though and great idea. If I could get my hands on a pair i would wear em!

i personally feel if oakley was to release the blades line again they would be popular as long as they released the supporting accessories such as trigger kits, nosepieces, lense options and the range of colours.

this would get people back on the bandwagon like the frogskins.

i think the re releases proved popular for those who didnt have a pair of originals or wanted to get a new pair to add to the collection but the options were SO limited.

i think the zeros would prove a hit even if it was limited because the design was so unique and oakley plus with modern technology people would wear them and save the vintage for the cabinet-i think this have been proven with the eyeshades.

im not into the frogskins as they dont interest me and for me its 'another week another frogskin' and the originals are so had to come by in good condition and at an affordable price.

i only collect vintage as i want to build a collection of where it all started and the further in time we go, the harder it will be to get them.

i personally feel if oakley was to release the blades line again they would be popular as long as they released the supporting accessories such as trigger kits, nosepieces, lense options and the range of colours.

this would get people back on the bandwagon like the frogskins.

i think the re releases proved popular for those who didnt have a pair of originals or wanted to get a new pair to add to the collection but the options were SO limited.

i think the zeros would prove a hit even if it was limited because the design was so unique and oakley plus with modern technology people would wear them and save the vintage for the cabinet-i think this have been proven with the eyeshades.

im not into the frogskins as they dont interest me and for me its 'another week another frogskin' and the originals are so had to come by in good condition and at an affordable price.

i only collect vintage as i want to build a collection of where it all started and the further in time we go, the harder it will be to get them.

to be honest im hesitant about a revival of the vintage Zeros. the new line of 'Zeros' have already ruined the name (kind of like the halfX did for the Xmetal line), and if they revive Vintage Subzeros and 0.3's etc, it would spread like frogskins.. and we all know what happened with that bandwagon. frikin hipsters would be all over them, and every other brand would be making a bad clone.

i dont think the new zeros were too bad.......im talking about re releasing the range again but just in their original colourways or a couple of new ones, what im not talking about is a new pair of zeros every week with a boring colourway or signature zero-i think if that happened it would be like the frogskin...

i think at some point oakley may well do it as they can see how popular the frogskins have been and they know how popular the zeros were......

me personally would like to see a re release limited edition original mumbo but thats just me and thats what makes us all different

Love the thread Batwolf! I'm going to dig up my ancient Blades with pink bar/black earstems and start wearing them again. I don't think it will go over so well though, because Blades are so dated. Nothing screams "Spring Break '87" more than a pair of Blades and a mullet :cool:

Back