• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Be On The Lookout For Stolen Radarlocks

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
I recently had a pair of the 2012 Olympic Safe House Radarlocks disappear in transit from forum member Jummeltje. They were sent USPS and tracking shows they were delivered, but I never got them (most likely either they got snagged at the post office, or out of my mailbox). It is a matte magenta frame and is apparently rare, like all the other exclusive Safe House colorways. There were also some HI Persimmon Path lenses in the box, which are hard to come by in their own right. If anyone sees any of this stuff pop up on ebay, craigslist, or anywhere else, please let me know.

Here's are links to the frame in question:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/that-s-quite-a-lot-of-radarlocks.35605/
and the original ebay posting:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301287030002?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=301287030002&_rdc=1

RadarlockMagenta2.jpg

RadarlockMagenta.jpg

Last edited:
I also must say that it's been a pleasure dealing with Jummeltje! At least I got four other Safe House pairs safely delivered from him previously =) I would highly recommend this dude to anyone!

Hopefully they are found soon. Seems like fairly unique sunglasses and considering we are all on eBay/Craigslist all the time, if they try to sell it, we should find it!

Are you sure it couldn't be something as simple as a delivery to the wrong address? Have you called the post office? Talked to neighbors? I guess I'm not understanding why the first assumption is that they were stolen, when whoever delivered them probably had no clue what they were.

Are you sure it couldn't be something as simple as a delivery to the wrong address? Have you called the post office? Talked to neighbors? I guess I'm not understanding why the first assumption is that they were stolen, when whoever delivered them probably had no clue what they were.

In that case the neighbours could have let him know after a week :)
The circumstances make it in any case suspicious...

That sucks! I really hope everything turns out ok, fingers crossed!

I'lle keep my eyes on ebay, I always check it for new Radarlock listings.

So what happened is the postal carrier marked the package as delivered at 10:01 am on Oct 16th. Problem is that the mail never gets dropped off until around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon (and I mean never), which makes things suspicious. I was hoping the package was dropped at the wrong address and would be rerouted, but that hasn't happened yet. So, I went to the post office, and they checked all around at the facility, but didn't find anything. I spoke with the big boss, and he was going to call in the carrier and see what she knows and get back to me. ...still haven't heard anything back though.

My other reason to suspect theft is that some of my neighbors have seen someone digging through mailboxes during the past few months. I live in a rural area, so it isn't hard for someone to roll up to a mailbox and take off before anyone notices. And of course, I was at work when the mail was delivered...so there's that.

...oh yeah, and I'm also missing another package from the same delivery day with one of the new crazy gold G-Shock watches. All total, I'm out $300+ =(

So what happened is the postal carrier marked the package as delivered at 10:01 am on Oct 16th. Problem is that the mail never gets dropped off until around 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon (and I mean never), which makes things suspicious. I was hoping the package was dropped at the wrong address and would be rerouted, but that hasn't happened yet. So, I went to the post office, and they checked all around at the facility, but didn't find anything. I spoke with the big boss, and he was going to call in the carrier and see what she knows and get back to me. ...still haven't heard anything back though.

My other reason to suspect theft is that some of my neighbors have seen someone digging through mailboxes during the past few months. I live in a rural area, so it isn't hard for someone to roll up to a mailbox and take off before anyone notices. And of course, I was at work when the mail was delivered...so there's that.

...oh yeah, and I'm also missing another package from the same delivery day with one of the new crazy gold G-Shock watches. All total, I'm out $300+ =(
All of that makes things a lot more clear. While I still tend to think someone made a mistake vs someone stole your stuff intentionally you definitely have something strange that's happened. Have you checked to see if there is another street in your town that is spelled similarly or anything? I've had packages before where everything was written correctly on the package but the carrier still delivered it to the wrong home. For example I used to live on Furrs St. and the postal service like to try to deliver my stuff to a non existent First St. address.

Hopefully they can figure something out and get your stuff back to you.