1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. AtmosPlease?

AtmosPlease? Oakley Beginner

Never see or hear anything about these. Anybody have them and want to share pics? In my several years of collecting I think I have seen this pair the least. I have seen the stock photos wanted to see some personal photos

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Thermonuclear

Thermonuclear Oakley Beginner

Was this the one you were asking about? Sorry about the bad pictures, just took a couple of quick shots with my phone!
    Beams Tortoise - a8ad7e2b.jpg
    Beams Tortoise - c4a68de5.jpg

3. AtmosPlease?

AtmosPlease? Oakley Beginner

That's the pair, very nice. Thanks for posting that. If you had to value them, what would you value them at?

4. rcstfox

rcstfox Oakley Beginner

nice.... seems like more tortoise coming eh?

5. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I paid £168 for the black/clear, and the same for the tortoise/clear, not long after they were released but imagine they would be easy to sell up to $350 each now if complete and new condition. The later two 'fade' Beams pairs with the straps I paid a lot more for but again seem to surface for around $350 apiece. I am sure in history some have sold for higher prices.

6. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

Can someone educate me; why do ppl wear clear lens? Purpose? I can understand sporty glasses with clear lens for,blocking dust, sand & wind..ermmm but frogskin with clear lens? Hmm..

7. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

The Frogskin model has potential in design and appearance to be a prescription glass, so the small quantity of releases with either Clear or Yellow lenses can be used to simulate this, they could be worn indoors, at night time, at functions and so on where sunglasses serve no use, yet the wearer still wants to wear glasses. There is little doubt that pieces like Atmos, the four Beams, Gentei, and the 2nd Bananabeat Records form part of a gimmicky sub niche within the Frogskin group that are indispensable when their use is called upon.

mopiko likes this.
  8. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

Weird how these didn't really hit it off.

9. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

hmm...So no one like these~?

10. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

I love them you just never see them.