• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Black Eye Jacket 1.0, parts or complete

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes lenses can be cut from a few different ones. I used a Sapphire Prizm from a Siphon for one I had done by @zwc0442. The lenses aren’t the right base curve so they’re a touch flatter but they work ok. They were easy to cut at least. I’ll get a picture of it.

Some people reacted to this post.
Here it is.

6A30CD2F-562D-4AAF-B67F-8A1B12765FC3.jpeg
DD45E373-8124-46D6-A878-8EF53356F7D3.jpeg

Good advice. Little confused. The one you have a picture of looks just like mine. Is there a visual difference between the Eye Jacket 1.0 from 94 and the one from 99? Is there a way to tell the difference like some kind of marking or modification?

Username Hidden said:
Good advice. Little confused. The one you have a picture of looks just like mine. Is there a visual difference between the Eye Jacket 1.0 from 94 and the one from 99? Is there a way to tell the difference like some kind of marking or modification?

That’s the 99.

94 - molded icons and square hinges
99 - removeable metal icon and round hinges

Username Hidden said:
That’s the 99.

94 - molded icons and square hinges
99 - removeable metal icon and round hinges, and won't break when someone else thinks about it.

fify

Okay - now I got it . . . thanks. Let me start doing so homework and research. But, thanks to advice I think I have a better plan forming.

Chris Hardaway has offered up a beater Eye Jacket 1.0 Gen 1 super cheap that I am going to see if I can fix it up a bit. If so, I may try my hand at custom painting it, if it doesn't work out I have some nice cutom cut BI lenses and rubbers to use for a Gen 2 which is where i probably want to end up anyway.

Will revisit this thread after i have the beater Eye Jacket to play around with. Thank guys for all the input - really appreciate it.

Well, . I gave it my best shot trying to find my old busted pair - can't find them. But, I think my Eye Jacket 1.0 quest is over - have two nice ones now . . . with some fresh lenses and so I am going to lock this thread down. Thanks again for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.