• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Iridium Polarized Versus VR28 Black Iridum Polarized

oakleybuyer5

Oakley Beginner
So I want to upgrade my Eyepatch 2 lenses from the standard Warm Grey Non-Polarized lenses.

I am considering to buy either the Black Iridium Polarized lenses or the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses.
Which do you think is the better option?

To me it seems that Black Iridium is more "true color & perception" where as VR28 Black Iridium Polarized are "enhanced depth perception or vision"

Anyone own both types of lenses? Which should I buy?

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Buy both, really. If you have a store close by, I recommend giving each a trial run by the window. My local stores let me walk outside when I'm testing out new tints.

VR28 BIP is a rose based lense that enhances contrast. I, personally, love this lense for daily use as it can handle a multitude of conditions. I had to get used to the rosy tint at first, but it all made sense once my eyes adjusted.

BIP is much like any gray based lens - cuts bright light and glare without affecting contrast. Woopy.

Some days are rosier than others.

I held off buying the VR28 BIP for a long time even though every single person I talked to said it's possibly the best lens out there.

When I finally caved, I kicked myself for waiting so long. They truly are that good.

I have VR28BIP in my Ten frame and I love wearing them. I have BIP in my Romeo 2 and one of my M Frames and I love wearing them.

To me the VR28 tint can handle itself better as light begins to fade since the contrast helps distinguish colors, but I wear both without a real tendency toward one or the other. Except that I have 2 black and only 1 VR28 option.

I haven't tried many Slate, Titanium, OO, or other contrast lenses, but I know neutral or VR base is my preference over tints like gold and fire.

Back