• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black Prizm lenses

Heres a shot through both lenses. EVZero BI Stride and Prizm BI Path

20170521_181450-1.jpg

I picked up a new pair of work shades (read: not x-metal because they'll be destroyed) and settled after a glance around the store at a pair of straightlinks with non-polarized prizm black lenses.

It was my first experience with prizm lenses, and I found, at first, that they didn't seem dark enough to me. I think that's largely because certain colors really "pop" through them, giving the illusion of a higher VLT lens.

After a few days the eye strain lessened, and on my long bi-weekly drives to and from work I really enjoyed them. Springtime was a good time to try them out, everything is so *green*. Is a damned emerald forest out there.

It seemed like primary and secondary colors in general were intensified. Reddish brown things like bricks became more red, the dark orange duct I bury for a living became what looks to me like, well, an exact, perfect orange, and so forth.

I like them a lot, and find myself wearing the straightlinks instead of x-metals purely for the lenses once in a while, but I don't yet know how I'll feel about them come winter. The endless white needs no intensification.

I'm currently thinking about getting some cut for various X-metals; does anyone know if @salj838 is still in business? I've had her cut some R1 lenses before, which are perfect, but I couldn't find the website when I looked.

I picked up a new pair of work shades (read: not x-metal because they'll be destroyed) and settled after a glance around the store at a pair of straightlinks with non-polarized prizm black lenses.

It was my first experience with prizm lenses, and I found, at first, that they didn't seem dark enough to me. I think that's largely because certain colors really "pop" through them, giving the illusion of a higher VLT lens.

After a few days the eye strain lessened, and on my long bi-weekly drives to and from work I really enjoyed them. Springtime was a good time to try them out, everything is so *green*. Is a damned emerald forest out there.

It seemed like primary and secondary colors in general were intensified. Reddish brown things like bricks became more red, the dark orange duct I bury for a living became what looks to me like, well, an exact, perfect orange, and so forth.

I like them a lot, and find myself wearing the straightlinks instead of x-metals purely for the lenses once in a while, but I don't yet know how I'll feel about them come winter. The endless white needs no intensification.

I'm currently thinking about getting some cut for various X-metals; does anyone know if @salj838 is still in business? I've had her cut some R1 lenses before, which are perfect, but I couldn't find the website when I looked.
You can talk to @Chris A Hardaway about getting lens cuts also. He has been doing quite a lot of cuts for the forum.

I can definitely cut straightlink lenses for most xmetals. Just not big enough for R1... Which is odd because I saw a Canadian seller selling them. I wanted to email him/her but I figured I'm busy enough as is. Gauge 8 lenses are great for Romeo cuts... I don't have a color list in front of me now... You might want to research.

Yeah website is down as i am in transition relocating countries. But still sell on ebay.

Are the donors 8.75 curvature? For a wide lens like r1 (and any xmetal cuts preferably) i discourage using other curvature lenses especially if you have long eyelids. It will bother you sooner or later. So yeah i can cut it for you if its 8.75 donor.

Back