1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Tunney Prime

Tunney Prime Oakley Beginner

thanks! I've actually been looking for this exact pair. just sent him a note.

3. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

Let me know what happens....

4. Johbremat

Johbremat Oakley Beginner

Might wanna change the thread title.

Why 8s.

5. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

From the picture they look just like my why3's .The owner doesnt know what they are. But if you say why 8 I can change it. Will not let me change it .

6. Tunney Prime

I'm pretty wire they're why 3s. I'm picking them up in 2 hrs, so I'll post some pics. I talked him down on the price quite a bit

7. Tunney Prime

Looking at pics of both the 8's and 3's, I don't see a difference on the frames. Anybody know the specific differences?

8. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

From what I remember, the WHY 3's have a screw and nut which attaches the arms and nose bridge. From the front you can see the four screw heads. For the WHY 8 they cleaned it up and you cannot see the screw heads from the front. Not sure if there are studs and nuts or they are screwed in from behind.

I have a pair of WHY 3's and still love them. Too bad they are prescription and the sunglass lenses are not available anymore. I'd love to convert them back to a pair of sunglasses.

9. Tunney Prime

Picked them up. My goal was to use them with clear rx lenses, but the lens curvature looks way bigger than the why 3's. Also, on the original Oakley website, it talks about rx lenses for the 3's, but not the 8.1's. Can anyone confirm either way?

Mqybe looking to trade for 3's if this doesn't work out. The ones I picked up are mint with the price tag ($160) but no box.

10. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

so are they 3's or 8's ? sounds like ur saying they are 8's.