• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brand new Oakley Why 3's anyone........

From the picture they look just like my why3's .The owner doesnt know what they are. But if you say why 8 I can change it. Will not let me change it .

Looking at pics of both the 8's and 3's, I don't see a difference on the frames. Anybody know the specific differences?

From what I remember, the WHY 3's have a screw and nut which attaches the arms and nose bridge. From the front you can see the four screw heads. For the WHY 8 they cleaned it up and you cannot see the screw heads from the front. Not sure if there are studs and nuts or they are screwed in from behind.

I have a pair of WHY 3's and still love them. Too bad they are prescription and the sunglass lenses are not available anymore. I'd love to convert them back to a pair of sunglasses.

Picked them up. My goal was to use them with clear rx lenses, but the lens curvature looks way bigger than the why 3's. Also, on the original Oakley website, it talks about rx lenses for the 3's, but not the 8.1's. Can anyone confirm either way?

Mqybe looking to trade for 3's if this doesn't work out. The ones I picked up are mint with the price tag ($160) but no box.

Back