• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cerakote

Dan beers

I should Work at Oakley
Call me stupid. But thinking and stuck in the house with -6 degrees Nebraska. Can a split jacket/ racing jacket with moving jaws be able to be cerakoted complete. With out scuffing the joints. Honestly I'm trying to understand how this product can adhere to plastic with the flex it has. Ok like the new jigawatt for reference. If you would bend an earstem. Would the cerakote crack, or is it flexible. Sorry Im Just trying to learn.

Cerakote is really flexible. The little metal test cards they send out you can bend them completely in half and it doesn't crack. It is an extremely good product to use on sunglasses. It sticks extremely well if prepped correctly, very thin film thickness, very good resistance to chemicals. It does take a little bit of leaning to apply it correctly, metallics will go on dry and feel rough if you don't get the correct coverage everywhere. The worst part is probably the stuff smells very strong, and I've been painting for 20 years and it still is one of the most potent paints I've smelled. And that's just the bake cure stuff. The air cure stuff is in a league of its own when it comes to the vapors it puts off.

Back