• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cleaning discolored/oxidized plasma

BHarry

The Eclectic Collector
Northern Nevada
I have a pair of R2 plasma that had that distinctive gold hue to them. I was interested in removing the color if possible, but did not want to damage the finish underneath. I decided to give it a shot after cleaning up another frame with Meguiars rubbing compound. I just used a rag and some elbow grease. It was worst above the left orbital, the difference is much more obvious in person. I am super happy with the results!
Before
IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG

After
IMG_5019.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG

Plasma/Ti
IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

I wonder how well this really works?!? :superman:
IMG_5035.JPG

Last edited:
I'll say ! I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I'm pretty sure he just converted a R2 into a XX. :confused:
I concur with you on your whole statement. :p

I'm going to start finding bits and pieces of X-Metals to send to him and see what he can do with those!

I'm going to start finding bits and pieces of X-Metals to send to him and see what he can do with those!

Way ahead of you. I'm sending him a Juliet to convert into a R1.
Send me all the X-metals you'd like, no guarantees what you'll get back...:behindsofa:

That XX has the worst discoloration I've seen just on the nose bridge. I may try to clean it up, but I don't want to mess up a Plasma XX (any worse than it is).:focus-97:

Send me all the X-metals you'd like, no guarantees what you'll get back...:behindsofa:

That XX has the worst discoloration I've seen just on the nose bridge. I may try to clean it up, but I don't want to mess up a Plasma XX (any worse than it is).:focus-97:

I think I'll let you master that skill before I send anything. ;)

Nice results. Would that be just a regular Meguiars compound and does the frame not feel overly smooth/waxy at all?

Back