1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Cool to have the LE pair that you've always wanted... then worrying about wearing them becomes larger than wearing or enjoying them... or ... you like the colorway but find the cost of membership challenging... then maybe a clone is in order.

A pretty easy clone for starters is the Corvette... well one of them is a clone... I think... :

Clone Wars - 20151214_192837.jpg

XMan refinish with BT chops from Infinite Hero on top, original x serial ruby beneath:
    Clone Wars - 20151214_224732.jpg

Polished Carbon Ichiros are pretty steep... but you can get close with an XMAN gloss black (thanks @MJLSr) and slate lenses:
    Clone Wars - 20151214_224356.jpg

The xMetal Ducati can be improved on a little too... in the old days (pre Xman) you had to pounce on a pair of hammerstems when they became available:
    Clone Wars - 20151214_223847.jpg

Finitos are in short supply but VR 50's aren't... still a subtle colorway without the etching:
    Clone Wars - 20151214_195255.jpg

Juliet Ti02's are a classy colorway... but its said "everything can and will be made better"... to wit an Xman hammerstem pair with tungsten lenses, also a pair of early Xman Ti02's with Transitions lenses and an original one tending the herd:
    Clone Wars - 20151214_225851.jpg

Not a metal but... the JPM Splice is a sharp pair with the chrome frame and etched lenses. You can almost get there for less and can rock this great frame with less worry. The FMJ+/Crystal Black/ Ice doesn't quite shine the same as the chrome, I digress:
    Clone Wars - 20151215_000044.jpg

I kinda think that they should have gone with blue rubbers like the slate edition, on the polished/ blue pair. Linegear blue here not only to contrast with the other blue Ichiros but that blue looks amazing with a last gen, glossy, smooth polished frame. Also shown with what might as well be an Ichiro clone in its own right, if not for a different serial and no etching- the JB:

Clone Wars - 20151214_235253(0).jpg

Lastly... Clone?
    Clone Wars - 20151215_000835.jpg

Last edited: 12/15/15
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Awesome set of clones!

3. Rays

Rays Oakley Expert

great clone pairs

Brian Nickell likes this.
  4. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

nice man, I would say payment G&S to me ;)

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Very very sick. ;)

Brian Nickell likes this.
  6. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

Great photos too pal! Apart from finding an unboxed LE pair you could live with wearing possibly, this is an amazing option!

Brian Nickell and CarGuy like this.
  7. SC55

SC55 Oakley Expert

I was just thinking this morning how I would like to make a clone Juliet Infinite Hero. I have a nice plasma frame, what else would I need to complete the clone?

8. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Nice little piece CarGuy.:)

9. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

You would need violet lenses and a purple rubber kit ( arms + nose bombs )

10. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

Well done!