• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Copper Juliets

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I started a new thread with a better description in the title in case someone later down the line was looking for info on copper plating, so this is a repeat from the other thread but now updated with photos.
They started out as a regular old pair of plasma Juliets. I had seen the copper done before, several times, but I wanted to tweak it a bit. I wanted to do real copper plating but toned down in more of a mat finish rather than high gloss looking like a new copper penny. Finally found the man for the job, Cory goes by username RonkPM on this forum, Cory had never done anything but the bright and shiny plating but he was willing to give it a shot, can't ask for more than that, so off they went. A few weeks later, the results speak for themselves, the photos make them look more shiny than they are in person. I then had Cory send the pieces to the XMan (Mark) who did the bridge and stems in black and did his magic on reassembly and even nailed the color on the rivet heads perfectly. Cory was having trouble plating the SS rivets, it would adhere but easily wipe off. We decided it would be best to have Mark do the reassembly and then match it as close as possible. If you have ever had a pair of shades refinished by anyone, you know we get a mental pic of what it will look like, when it's all is said and done and the credit card balance rises we hope the result matches what we had imagined. I was no different. As for lenses, wasn't sure what to do, I had two options ready to go in, one is the Ikon Rose Gold that is actually a very nice copper color, with a grey tint that I prefer, then I have two pairs of silver mirror, One are the Oakley's and one Revant Elite, all polarized which is a must for me. The glasses arrived yesterday and I installed the Ikon lenses first. I was concerned that it might be to much copper for my tastes or the color wouldn't be close enough to match right. Boy was I wrong, the color is about as close as you can get. I was so happy with the way they looked I didn't even try the silver mirror yet. I will give these a run and try the silver at a later date. Let me know what y'all think, I know I am a ugly dude and take crappy photos, unlike some on this forum who are very talented when it comes to photos, like my friend on the Big Island!!!! I would also like to thank Cory and Mark for their craftsmanship and great customer service.
Merry Christmas
Later
NCH

shades 3.jpg

shades 2.jpg

shades 1.jpg

From having the one pair that were run over by my 1 ton dually to now having 5 pairs of Juliets, I should be set on shades for the rest of my life, lol!!!!! Probably going to sell the polished pair as they seldom get worn.

Last edited:
I started a new thread with a better description in the title in case someone later down the line was looking for info on copper plating, so this is a repeat from the other thread but now updated with photos.
They started out as a regular old pair of plasma Juliets. I had seen the copper done before, several times, but I wanted to tweak it a bit. I wanted to do real copper plating but toned down in more of a mat finish rather than high gloss looking like a new copper penny. Finally found the man for the job, Cory goes by username RonkPM on this forum, Cory had never done anything but the bright and shiny plating but he wasn't scared, he said send them to me and I am sure I can figure it out. A few weeks later, the results speak for themselves. I then had Cory send the pieces to the XMan (Mark) who did the bridge and stems in black and did his magic on reassembly and even nailed the color on the rivet heads perfectly. Cory was having trouble plating the SS rivets, it would adhere but easily wipe off. We decided it would be best to have Mark do the reassembly and then match it as close as possible. If you have ever had a pair of shades refinished by anyone, you know we get a mental pic of what it will look like, when it's all is said and done and the credit card balance rises we hope the result matches what we had imagined. I was no different. As for lenses, wasn't sure what to do, I had two options ready to go in, one is the Ikon Rose Gold that is actually a very nice copper color, with a grey tint that I prefer, then I have two pairs of silver mirror, One are the Oakley and one Revant Elite, all polarized which is a must for me. They arrived yesterday and I installed the Ikon lenses first. I was concerned that it might be to much copper for my tastes or the color wouldn't be close enough to match right. Boy was I wrong, the color is dead nuts on to the plating that Cory did. I was so happy with the way they looked I didn't even try the silver mirror yet. I will give these a run and try the silver at a later date. Let me know what y'all think, I know I am a ugly dude and take crappy photos, unlike some on this forum who are very talented when it comes to photos, like my friend on the Big Island!!!!I would like to thank Cory and Mark for their craftsmanship and great customer service.
Merry Christmas
Later
NCH

View attachment 297952

View attachment 297953

View attachment 297954

From having the one pair that were run over by my 1 ton dually to now having 5 pairs of Juliets, I should be set on shades for the rest of my life, lol!!!!! Probably going to sell the polished pair as they seldom get worn.
You're absolutely right. You're one ugly dude. :rofl:

Just kidding. Are you related to @kronin323 ? ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it here again. Those shades are SICK.

WOW.

You weren't kidding about nailing it with the color of those lenses, after the forum boys had a go with the plating and coloring and assembly. Truly an outstanding pair of Julies!

Now I'm not quite sure of you channeling Richard Petty for the obligatory picture, but you do wear them well!!

Nice Juliets!!

:dontmentionit:

I've been wanting to do a Cu XMETAL but was under the impression I needed a polished pair to do it. I've got two Plasma frames collecting dust right now that I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with. Hmmm.