• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cranking Them Out

no, but its been met with negative attitude before on here. i agree with you on having done it for 6 pair, 4 seems like a waste
Agreed, and I think that his quality was poorer on previous iterations. Yeah most of us that would travel with one of these to protect our metals would probably travel with more than 4 pair, right?
I take at least 4 pair for a weekend trip.

Could be done pretty easily with a Pelican case, and for less than $100. Wouldn't be quite as Oakley looking, but it would probably do a better job, weigh less, be less conspicuous, and you wouldn't have the knowledge you helped line the pockets of whoever wrote that atrocious ad.

Something in the 1400 series maybe.

Del probably had one (or more) of the few in existence!
Right, and I get why he gets so upset when things like this case or one-off trophies are reproduced. I completely admire his dedication, and all the fun adjectives to describe his passion for the brand and his collection.

But at the same time, when the guy just kind of hoards anything attached to the brand I don't see where the real anger comes from. He knows his stuff is legit, and he's made it clear he doesn't give a hoot what other people think of his stuff, and he's clearly not collecting for investment purposes so value shouldn't be a huge concern.

I don't know, maybe it's the cheapass in me that wants cool stuff like that but doesn't feel the need to shell out thousands of dollars for a knick-knack.

You met him at RED, the ridiculous center display and whose U-Haul we jump started in the parking lot across the street.

Back