1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. zackedoo

zackedoo Oakley Beginner

Hi all. I have a pair of Basin Red Summit Frogs that I noticed were fitting crooked. Upon looking at them, I realized that one of the arms was moving on the hinge; in other words, it doesn't fit flush on the hinge, almost as if the hinge on the arm isn't big enough to fit completely around the hinge on the frame.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Have you found any solution? I'd appreciate any input, as nobody likes a pair of crooked sunglasses. :mad:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

My advice? Don't buy Frogskins.

TexxxZ likes this.
  3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I've only ever had two Frogs & neither of them sat square on a flat surface. One of the stems was always off the table top.

4. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

This may be worth a shot, if it doesn't fix this, it does fix loose arms and tightens up frogs very well. Take a dial micrometer and measure a frog leg that fits well. Record that measurement and then take your crooked or loose leg and place that in the micrometer. Clamp it on about a tenth of an inch tighter than the proper measurement. Let it sit overnight. A hair dryer won't hurt either.

5. NYC Joe

NYC Joe Oakley Beginner

Does the arm pull out easy?
    If you gave another pair of froggies.
    Pull off arm and change them. See if the arm sits well.

If it doesn't sit we'll on the other frame it's the arm.
    If the arm doesn't sit we'll on the frame it's the frame.

Had that happen to me once. Poor production issue. I just returned them and swapped them out for a new one.

6. zackedoo

zackedoo Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the responses! @OGfrog I'll give that a shot. @NYC Joe I know from just looking at it that it's the arm itself, so we'll see how the tightening works.

7. tharoosta

tharoosta Oakley Beginner

This happened to my pair yesterday actually. And I freaked out and thought they were broken. But when I calmed down and really looked at it, I noticed, it just snapped back in. Pretty easy.