• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cube Restoration Pointers/parts Needed

Definitely. Here's how a nickel compares to a standard lock:

20140910_195031.jpg

Post a few pics of the lock you removed from different angles and include as many measurements as you can.

Did you have any luck with the bolt dude if not I may be able to help you out

At the moment, no. I still need to get measurements for everyone to see. I just think I have a fraken-case as nothing seems to be quite right to what everyone else has but I know it's the correct feel of the Oakley cases and has the look. Just strange to me how this one could be so different.

I don't think it's that different - other than just giving it a good polish, it just looks like someone either modded the lock hole or replaced the plexi for the door. I'm sure a suitable replacement lock can be found, and we're offering to help...

I don't think it's that different - other than just giving it a good polish, it just looks like someone either modded the lock hole or replaced the plexi for the door. I'm sure a suitable replacement lock can be found, and we're offering to help...

@kronin323 I also picked up a rivet from someone on here and just got back home to find out it's a larger rivet than the others I have on the entire case and not just the door. That's kinda why I said it seems different I guess but perhaps they came with different size rivets? I will get some pics of both of these as well as measurements tmw evening as it's sleepy time here in TX.

oakleylock4_zps728455cc.jpg
In the first picture note that it is not completely round, its flat on 2 sides and round on 2 side.

oakleylock3_zps689e9bca.jpg
The picture above is the backside of the lock. The guts are missing as you can see and 1 of the screws in the backside is missing as well.

Oakleylock2_zpsfb04c9a2.jpg
Finally this is the front view with the guts missing. I'm gonna get measurements up soon on this as well.

Good - regarding the rivets, I don't know if they're different sized between your cube and a tower, but it seems likely and you probably got one for a tower.

On the measurements, try to get the outside diameter of the cylinder from the round part, most importantly. Next-most would be the length. Diameter from the flats least so but nice to have.

Latest Posts

Back