1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. robocopu

robocopu Oakley Beginner

I got these lenses a week ago , they are custom cuts I have no ideea if they are cut from oakley lenses, I just got a good price and boght them. As I m not sure that these are oakley or not, I just installed them, took some photos and then put the OEM gold iridium back in.
    Custom Cuts R1 - DSC_0179.JPG

GH4AU likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Are they emerald? You can compare the thickness against the oem lenses and decide if they are oakley donor lenses or not.

3. robocopu

robocopu Oakley Beginner

They sure look emerald but they are thicker than the original lenses and the color is not the same when I look trough my emrald juliets and trough these.

4. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

where did you buy them?

5. robocopu

robocopu Oakley Beginner

I got them from a ex collector and I got 4 colours emrald, ruby, violet and ice, the violet ones are really scratched up and he threw them in for free since he had sold all the R1s that he had.

6. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

That's interesting. I thought aftermarket lenses were thinner than oem? If they don't look right through them that could be because the finish on the outside, I'm not sure though.

7. Mdgustaf

Mdgustaf Oakley Expert Premium Member

If they are cut from Big Taco's the color difference you see when looking through may be due to the fact that the custom cuts would be polarized (I believe Big Taco only comes in emerald polar, and assuming your juliets aren't already polar). Ill compare my custom cut emerald R1 lenses to stock lenses when I get home tonight to see if I can't come up with any helpful information.

8. robocopu

robocopu Oakley Beginner

The lenses are not polarized I just checked them, and these were cut back in 2000 and the owner only worn the violet ones and the rest never got used.

9. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Interesting. Cause violet irid was just added as a lens color by oakley just recently. Would it be a possible linegear lenses?

10. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

could be after market look at the thickness that's the best way I think. Then you can eliminate as linegear is also thick I think.