• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom designed Stand. What do you think?

Wow. I think it looks great. Good job.

IMG_3909.gif

Thanks guys! Nice to know I wasn't off with the Oakley aesthetic. :D

That front piece looks awesome, might be easier to drop the whole back portion and just keep the bomb looking piece for the nose bridge and let the arms sit on the the glass.

I wanted to display the glasses fully open hence the back section for arm support. And since I'm OCD I can't have the arms just sitting on the glass! The floor is LAVA! 😜

Looks good, personally I would prefer something where the stems are higher cuz metals looks better looking down...

I intended for the Juliet to sit lower on this stand, like the way as the Carbon Prime's sit in the picture, but the Juliet has a narrower nose bridge. So that's why the front sits higher and the arms look more back sloped than on the Carbon Prime. I'll use this stand for another model but for Juliet I'll be making another one that compensates for the narrower nose.

I wanted low-profile single stand to put in my display case so that it doesn't block the ones on regular stands behind it.

I was going to tinker with the 3D files already have which are based on existing Oakley stands but decided to create my own from scratch, but still hopefully still looks like something Oakley (or at least pre-Lux Oakley) would make. I drew some inspiration from the shape of the original Oakley metal stand rods, as well as the fact some of Oakley's older designs had a bit of para-military/industrial look to it (like missiles/bullets and all the riveting)

I am curious at what you all think of what I came up with to see if I accomplished my goal... Does this look "Oakley" enough? (don't worry mods, I'm not looking to sell anything)

View attachment 831997

View attachment 831999

View attachment 831998

View attachment 832000
Where is everyone getting the Oakley display cases/stands?? Nice Juliets and Carbon Prime btw!

Back