1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Thinking of doing superhero romeo Ironman Spiderman or superman? . I would want the finish to look like purple juliets or metallic maybe anodized but not plastic looking . Here are two 5 min mock ups. Yes I am aware it's not the greatest looking art it more the idea is the point! . 24kt lenses other chrome iridium lenses. Ruby polarized is a another thought. Custom Romeo Spiderman Or Superman Ironman X-Metal ? - Screenshot_2014-08-14-09-14-47.png Custom Romeo Spiderman Or Superman Ironman X-Metal ? - Screenshot_2014-08-14-09-05-29.png

Last edited: 8/14/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

i think it will look fake bro.... anyway it will depend on the paint job and the final result. goodluck!

TexxxZ likes this.
  3. dingo ate my baby

Guess it depends on who does the paint job..glossy finish would most likely be out. Maybe if spiderman his emblem on nose piece;)

4. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

how about going for a burned look as in the 'burned juliet' thread?

5. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

When it comes to extreme custom projects, it's truly up to the person making the investment. Beauty is in th eye of the beholder and of the thickness of your wallet.

If you're seeking critical advice, don't waste a perfectly good pair of x metals on such a project, especially the one pictures here. Through my eyes, it is horrifically ugly. Best left on plastic.

I know the x man did a one off bright blue "cobalt" paint job on a pair of Juliet's I saw pictures on the forum probably a week or two ago, someone was asking for verification from him that he had done the job on a pair of second hands.

I would personally only do extreme customs on a pair of beaters, i would be hard pressed to call a pair of R1's a beater.

6. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

well goodluck bro... in my own opinion if i see a romeo painted that way i will definitely call it Fake right away... but it will be your pair and if you really wanted that colorway then go have some fun bro!;)

7. TexxxZ

TexxxZ Big bearded baby

Each to their own in regards to taste , but have to with @washi me sensie on this one but that paint scheme screams FAKE although if it's what you want go get it & post some pictures when done please .

8. TexxxZ

TexxxZ Big bearded baby

Wtb. a really tacky pair of Romeos would like maybe a red'n blue to match my Spider-Man Y Fronts....

Sorry OP can't help myself

9. dingo ate my baby

Anodized finish ? Maybe

10. AngelAir

AngelAir Oakley Collector

I would lean towards Pos Red lenses. The blue/red theme would appeal to me.
    It may look awesome displayed with some Marvel props nearby. :superman: