• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Ruby Fuel Cell Thoughts

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
London Fuel Cell with Ruby? I haven't seen anyone that's done it but I would think in that dark frame and the earstem being heavy with red in it that Ruby would go well.

I'd have to go hunt some O-Stores for the least Fruby Ruby I could find though which is always a PITA.

hmmm......i assumed. i know other Square O models are stocked. well, id have to have them order some or grab a pair on ebay. im only hesitant because even with a reduced ebay cost and the London for $70, its $115 which is a bit much for me for a Fuel Cell.

I love my Fuelies though... I just grabbed the Stephen Murray Fuel Cell from my local vault for $130 (full retail).

I'd call ahead and see if they have the Ruby lenses in stock before you make the trip.

Should be a good combo if ou put one together... :dance:

I put Ruby lenses in mine! I tried out all the color combos, and Ruby and Ice look the best. Violet looks pretty sweet too, but isn't readily available as a replacement lens (although I did find one on eBay from a parted out frame for $40).

There are a few pairs of Violet lenses for $35-$40 on eBay right now. However, I think Ruby would probably be your best bet. I would offer to take pix of mine, but everytime I promise to do so, I always forget. :oops:

I'll let you guys be the judge. But my vote goes for what I had in the frame originally...Ruby! I just wish the FC had a true Ruby, instead of the current "is it Fire, or is it Ruby" Ruby.

londonallsmall.jpg

The Ice is pretty darn cool but I've also always felt Ice got lost in a darker frame like that whereas Ruby popped more. Violet, especially when it comes to Fuelies is never better IMO than on the Infinite Hero. Now, as for that damn Fruby issue-that's why I wonder if there is stock of the lenses at O-Stores. I was able to find a pair of Batwolf replacement Ruby lenses at one of my local stores a couple years back that was deep Ruby. But, with that said, that is often what keeps me from doing a mod like this because I go to all that work-and end up with something that is essentially Fire. Thanks for the pictures man, awesome set ups.

Latest Posts

Back