• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customised Oakley Sutro has no etching "PRIZM" on lenses, is it normal?

tarunchawla89

Oakley Beginner
I ordered customised Oakley Sutro from my LBS in India. He mentioned it will come directly from the US and it took around 2.5 weeks. My customization was only swapping the existing lens with 24K lens in white frame. I noticed that there is no "Prizm" Etching on the lenses, is it normally not there in case of customization? Have also attached the image, everything looks original otherwise.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-21 at 9.32.01 AM.jpeg

They leave it unetched so you can add your own custom etching when ordering.

I ordered customised Oakley Sutro from my LBS in India. He mentioned it will come directly from the US and it took around 2.5 weeks. My customization was only swapping the existing lens with 24K lens in white frame. I noticed that there is no "Prizm" Etching on the lenses, is it normally not there in case of customization? Have also attached the image, everything looks original otherwise.

View attachment 1092184
What's LBS? I have been eyeing a set of customs but have never been able to get around to ordering one. Also how does the cost work out when you include customs?

What's LBS? I have been eyeing a set of customs but have never been able to get around to ordering one. Also how does the cost work out when you include customs?
LBS Is local bike shop. They are authorised dealers of Oakleys. India is one of the cheapest markets for Oakleys. Same Sutro is priced at 200$ in US and in India it has MRP of Rs.9300 which is like $115. My LBS could offer me a further discount. I got a customized Oakley Sutro for Rs.8500 which is like $100

LBS Is local bike shop. They are authorised dealers of Oakleys. India is one of the cheapest markets for Oakleys. Same Sutro is priced at 200$ in US and in India it has MRP of Rs.9300 which is like $115. My LBS could offer me a further discount. I got a customized Oakley Sutro for Rs.8500 which is like $100
Didn't know bike shops in India deal with Oakleys! Usually offline stores are firm in their pricing and work out costlier than Amazon/Flipkart. By any chance are you based in Bangalore?

Didn't know bike shops in India deal with Oakleys! Usually offline stores are firm in their pricing and work out costlier than Amazon/Flipkart. By any chance are you based in Bangalore?
No. I am in Delhi. But if you want I can help you get in touch with the Bike shop owner. He can get it for you. Non customized he can get to himself the sameday or next day. Customized takes 1-3 weeks. Here LBS are authorized sellers of Oakleys. They have those display podiums as well.

No. I am in Delhi. But if you want I can help you get in touch with the Bike shop owner. He can get it for you. Non customized he can get to himself the sameday or next day. Customized takes 1-3 weeks. Here LBS are authorized sellers of Oakleys. They have those display podiums as well.
That would be awesome. Do drop me a PM!

Back