• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Daisy Chain Made In China?

oakleysam

Oakley Beginner
South Jersey
I was recently in a sunglass shop in CT, they had an Oakley 2.0 case with a reasonable selection. I saw a pair of "Daisy Chain" and on the inside of the arm it said China. Are they seriously making these in China or is the owner trying to sneak in some cheap fakes to make a quick buck? Either way it was pretty upsetting to me. Anybody?

oakleysam said:
I was recently in a sunglass shop in CT, they had an Oakley 2.0 case with a reasonable selection. I saw a pair of "Daisy Chain" and on the inside of the arm it said China. Are they seriously making these in China or is the owner trying to sneak in some cheap fakes to make a quick buck? Either way it was pretty upsetting to me. Anybody?

All Oakley wires are made and have been made in china. They just recently started stamping them with "made in china"

Herbsley said:
Pretty sure Acetate frames are too.

The lenses aren't tho.

I think you're right about the acetate.

Up until recently they said made in USA because they were assembled in the states.(just in case anyone thought Oakley was trying to mislead anyone)

An important note about the wires being made in China. All wires and acetate will be made and assembled in China going forward. Lenses will be shipped over. Also they are being made in a Luxottica factory NOT a 3rd party Chinese factory. Lux has a lot of space in current facilities and this will help Oakley meet expanding demand. The boxes will soon start bearing verbage similar to iPhones

All R&D, testing, quality control will be done in the US.

Yeah well it's only Wires and Women's frames that are really affected.

And who on OF even cares about those?

:laugh:

Oh come on I'm kidding!

Back