• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did the XMXX ever come in a Carbon frame finish?

looks like custom painted. i can see the knick in the top of the right orbital amongst other spots.

DDB6F5CA-0A60-4C20-9E00-AC91E2C097E5.jpeg

No they were not made in carbon but many have cerakoted them black. As Trixter stated its a bad photo of a X Metal finish
This! I think this is the answer. Seller sent additional photos.
Does cerakoting the x metal have any downsides? Does it lower the value? What pros come out of this additional process and is it done in house or aftermarket?

xmxxcarbon4.jpg

xmxxcarbon5.jpg

This! I think this is the answer. Seller sent additional photos.
Does cerakoting the x metal have any downsides? Does it lower the value? What pros come out of this additional process and is it done in house or aftermarket?

View attachment 996121

View attachment 996122
Yes, No, Maybe? Customs are risky because if you do a wild one that not everyone loves it is hard to sell therefore devaluing it. If its something like all black or polished then it could increase it just a tad bit IF it was done right and by a nameable pro. This one you are looking at needs to be redone so I would call it a beater. Worth $400-$450

Yes, No, Maybe? Customs are risky because if you do a wild one that not everyone loves it is hard to sell therefore devaluing it. If its something like all black or polished then it could increase it just a tad bit IF it was done right and by a nameable pro. This one you are looking at needs to be redone so I would call it a beater. Worth $400-$450
This is really great info. I think I might have to reconsider the purchase. I really appreciate the help from everyone! I think a custom'd XMXX might be more work than its worth. The search continues..

This is really great info. I think I might have to reconsider the purchase. I really appreciate the help from everyone! I think a custom'd XMXX might be more work than its worth. The search continues..
If you can get it for the right price as stated you can do whatever you want with it and we can steer you to the right people to get it done. Anything over $450 for that frame though is to much. A custom job to make it what you want would be $75-$150 depending on what you want. Its getting harder to find frames these days so think it through! Maybe offer he keep the lenses and try to get it for $425

Back