1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jimbabwe

Jimbabwe Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Disappointment - image.jpg So I know I'm going to get a ton of hate. But I must share, I have loved Oakley o matter frames as far back as I wore sunglasses. But never had an xmetal, so I bought a pair. They were exactly as the seller described no fault on his end at all. I just do not like them at all! The fit the weight the feel... Is anyone else in the same boat here?

cyclerdoug and Blockster like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I hear ya Bro...
    Not my favourites either, but give 'em time and you may appreciate their different aesthetic.

cyclerdoug, Blockster and Jimbabwe like this.
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

The problems you noted are exactly why I love them. The weight, fit, feel...

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

My first pair of Juliet's were handed to me BNIB by a friend more then 15 years ago, I wore half jackets all the time. So I was not fond of them at all, I sold them for $200 and I kick myself for doing that. They were polished with ice iridium. I guess it was the hammer stem that k didn't care for. Damn I wish I kept them.

OakleyGuru379 and cyclerdoug like this.
  5. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

I concur.

OakleyGuru379 and cyclerdoug like this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Try giving them a chance. You may regret letting them go.

Skyler and cyclerdoug like this.
  7. Jimbabwe

Jimbabwe Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I do t plan on letting them go. I'll keep them so I can say I have a pair haha. And with them I'm 2 pairs off of 50 pairs of oaks

cyclerdoug likes this.
  8. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I always wore O Matter when I first heard about Oakley and joined. My first pair of x metals were Juliets also. Back then I did not like the way they felt. I thought they were too small. I quickly sold them. Now I have grown to appreciate the material, design and customizability. X Metals will grow on you.

cyclerdoug likes this.
  9. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

One thing about Oakley collecting is most of us go thru stages... Xmetal, sports frames, casual frames . After a few years your taste in things alway change!! When you get sick of your o-matter it good have something to switch too. I say keep them a few months and see if they grow on you!! If not you can alway trade them for some dope limited edition o-matter pair!!

cyclerdoug likes this.
  10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've owned almost all, sold them all, not a real fan.

I can appreciate them, but I'm not a collector of the metal.