• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distressed Blue Radar And Flak?

JOBEN

Oakley Expert
Texas
Does anyone know what the deal is with these they have been on and off the website for a couple weeks and were only available for a day or so?? I noticed they also had the prices backwards between the two pair?

I don't think anyone knows what the deal really is with these. Crappy web mastering, most likely. They were on the web site recently, and gone again today. I'm sure they will be back, as the box sets are still readily available.

As for the price mix up...I believe that has been sorted out. For a day or two a few weeks ago, you could actually buy the Radar for $350! The Flak was being sold for the low-low price of $450.:confused: They quickly corrected the problem on the backend (the price was $350 for the Radar on the product page, but became $450 when added to your cart), but they didn't correct the pricing on the product page until a few days later.

Prices went down on these recently and my local store has a ton of them. The Flak bundle is $350 and the Radar bundle is $450.

I wish they would just sell the frames from the box sets. I bought the distressed blue flak, but XLJ Flak lenses don't fit my face well...so it's sort of a waste for me. I would have been much happier being able to buy the frame without the array.

If you asked the associate they could switch the lenses to the standard shape. I know they changed shape and colors at my store

I asked if they made a standard lens box set for the Flak, and the answer I got was "no." I asked at both of my local stores (where they know me by name). I might have been asking the wrong question, but nobody offered to do a swap for me :(

I would have loved to swap the Black and VR28 lenses for something more my style too. I might have to swing by the store and see if they can do anything for me.

Back