• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Wipe? :)

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I was wondering other then your display pieces do you wipe all the fingerprintsnoff your lenses like your a criminal at a murder scene?
Lol. Just wondering if long term fingerprint residye on your lenses will cause issues if you put them away in a carry case or soft cloth and store them.

I was wondering other then your display pieces do you wipe all the fingerprintsnoff your lenses like your a criminal at a murder scene?
Lol. Just wondering if long term fingerprint residye on your lenses will cause issues if you put them away in a carry case or soft cloth and store them.
I told you don't kill em, now you are in trouble :hunter:

Yes. I tend not to touch my lenses but they collect dust and what not through out the days and I clean every couple of days. I would assume if they were going away for storage I would want to pull them back out as clean as ever.

I wipe my daily wearers every couple days or so. I use the nanoclear lens pen to clean and coat my lenses every 3 months. I like to keep them pristine. :)

As most of you know I have OCD and wiping has caused me to wear out microbags and cloths...... Soooooooo maybe I wipe too much....

I treat my glasses like all my rifles; clean thoroughly after every use and store in a safe, cool place. Those on display get dusted every now and then, and not nearly as often as I should.

I never touch my lens not unless I have to swap them out. If I were to hold it not in frame, I hold it on the edges. I wipe it most of the time when I am not wearing it.
One of my co workers noticed I wipe it alot and said, "Keep wiping that, a genie will come out."

Latest Posts

Back