• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Anyone Know This Seller Or Whats Up With The Auction?

Sure, I know lots about it and the seller. The seller is not the originator at least in the case of the listing that you referenced.
Are they rare? They're not OEM, its an original piece. So are they rare? That depends on your definition of rare; rare in that you don't see many?
I guess that's true.
Are they cool? Yes I think so I have one in my collection.
Is $99 low? I don't know, what is one worth to you? That's a pretty common theme in our hobby isn't it. I assume that the sellers are footballing the price around, getting people interested in the item and dropping the price occasionally to "purge the pipeline" as they do in software sales.
If you want one, buy one. They are smaller than you would think from the pics and that may be good or bad depending on your use and where you will fit it into your display.
The originator is well known among the collectors that have been in the hobby for the while. His stuff is top notch, he does great work across the board and is a very nice guy. The seller I have dealt with before and is reputable.
If you buy one you won't be disappointed unless you expected it to be bigger- like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap...

like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap...
**I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object.

*I really think you're just making much too big a thing out of it.

**Making a big thing out of it would have been a good idea.

"You're not as confused as Nigel" Rustpot.

Thanks for the information CarGuy. I bid the $99 so we will see what happens. I see he has another auction for $195 obo. I think it's pretty cool but I was not aware it was something not produced by Oakley. It will still look cool in a display. Thanks again.

Holy S### I won it for $99!!! And in case it's anyone on the forum I forgot to put in my paypal payment I'd like the silver one. I sent an ebay message. Thanks!

Back