• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

Kannibal

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm 48, and have been a fan since high school.
They used to be the "coolest" glasses any kid could own, because it took six months savings for a pair of Frog Skins.....M frames etc were well beyond reach.
I've always thought they were on the edge of fashion and now being older, within reason, can buy whatever pairs I like.
Having posted and viewed the "what are you wearing today" noticed the vast majority of us are older 😬 as in 35+
So, are young ppl buying them, and just not into forums as forums are an older medium on the net.
Or we just like our parents who thought their music was cool, while kids cringed.....wearing wild looking glasses we think are cool? And the youth are cringing at us old timers

Im beginning to think the latter 🤔🤣

sunglasses aren't quite blending into the mainstream as well as they used to. There's a lot of materialistic things to pursue for people new with money.

Oakley seems to be more popular as sports equipment for non-collectors, which imo is not at all a bad thing because that's where the brand is rooted. That being said I haven't been able to come up with a reason to buy more pairs. Eyewear is mainly a utilitarian thing for me. It's a double-edged sword where I can't find any interest to go deeper with the brand, yet what they've already provided has persisted without anything else able to take its place for me.

Back