• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earsocks for a-wire 2.0 spring hinge

Kelter

Oakley Beginner
Anyone know where I could get replacement earsocks for an old a-wire 2.0 spring hinge? Been searching around and can't seem to find any place that has them. Apparently from what I could find, the spring hinge version is slightly different than the non-SH. They don't need to be OEM, but would like something that fits right.

Anyone know where I could get replacement earsocks for an old a-wire 2.0 spring hinge? Been searching around and can't seem to find any place that has them. Apparently from what I could find, the spring hinge version is slightly different than the non-SH. They don't need to be OEM, but would like something that fits right.

A large majority of the wires that were made at that time all used the same earsocks. There were only a few models that had proprietary rubber sets. The non SH version of the a wire 2.0 used the same socks as the SH version

Thanks ZCForge. I'll look around for some a wire 2.0 earsocks. I think what threw me off was a website I found that went through all the different A Wires:

They mention the earsock is similar in shape, but larger in size from the non SH.

Not a whole lot of information on some of these older glasses and I did buy a kit from amazon, but it turned out too loose and not quite long enough.

Had these glasses since they came out many years ago and I keep them stored in my car, but unfortunately, it seems the heat recently got to the earsocks and they ended up getting all sticky and even a portion on one had blistered out.

Still love the looks of the glasses, just can't stand sticky earsocks.. lol.

Thanks ZCForge. I'll look around for some a wire 2.0 earsocks. I think what threw me off was a website I found that went through all the different A Wires:

They mention the earsock is similar in shape, but larger in size from the non SH.

Not a whole lot of information on some of these older glasses and I did buy a kit from amazon, but it turned out too loose and not quite long enough.

Had these glasses since they came out many years ago and I keep them stored in my car, but unfortunately, it seems the heat recently got to the earsocks and they ended up getting all sticky and even a portion on one had blistered out.

Still love the looks of the glasses, just can't stand sticky earsocks.. lol.

Yea the original wires had vastly different earsocks but all of the 2.0 versions of the a wire used the same socks.

Have you tried bringing them back by boiling them? I’ve had a lot of success using 3 part water to 1 part vinegar. Boil for roughly 15 min.

Yea the original wires had vastly different earsocks but all of the 2.0 versions of the a wire used the same socks.

Have you tried bringing them back by boiling them? I’ve had a lot of success using 3 part water to 1 part vinegar. Boil for roughly 15 min.
Unfortunately when I got the replacement kit, while removing the originals, they ended up snapping in half. Never even occurred to me that the earsocks could be brought back. I do have a few old eye jackets that are all sticky. If I can dig those up, I'll definitely give that a shot.

Unfortunately when I got the replacement kit, while removing the originals, they ended up snapping in half. Never even occurred to me that the earsocks could be brought back. I do have a few old eye jackets that are all sticky. If I can dig those up, I'll definitely give that a shot.

The sku for the earsock and nosepad kit you’re looking for is 06-485. Sometimes that will help in your search, but it’s getting very hard to find those anymore in general.

The sku for the earsock and nosepad kit you’re looking for is 06-485. Sometimes that will help in your search, but it’s getting very hard to find those anymore in general.
Oh awesome! Thanks for the SKU. Ya, been searching around and haven't had much luck. This should definitely help though.

Back