• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Suggestion

Tickford

Oakley Beginner
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hi guys.

I'm only new around here but, i'm noticing a difficulty sifting through the thousands of exchange threads looking for items for sale within my region (Even when utilising the search funtion). Have there ever been contemplations of expanding the exchange to include region specific ? For example:

North America
  • X Metal (Sunglasses)
  • X Metal - Other (Vaults/Coins/Boxes/Lenses/Parts...Etc)
  • Frogskins
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunglasses - Other (Lenses/Parts/Accessories)
  • Displays (Cabinets/Stands/Accessories/Misc.)
  • Watches, Parts & Accessories
  • Apparel
  • Miscellaneous
Australia/NZ
  • X Metal (Sunglasses)
  • Frogskins
  • Sunglasses
  • Apparel
  • Miscellaneous
South America, Europe, Asia, Other.... You get the idea.

Obviously one of those things that is more easily said then done... Just thinking out loud.

Cheers 🍻

Hi guys.

I'm only new around here but, i'm noticing a difficulty sifting through the thousands of exchange threads looking for items for sale within my region (Even when utilising the search funtion). Have there ever been contemplations of expanding the exchange to include region specific ? For example:

North America
  • X Metal (Sunglasses)
  • Frogskins
  • Sunglasses
  • Apparel
  • Miscellaneous
Australia/NZ
  • X Metal (Sunglasses)
  • Frogskins
  • Sunglasses
  • Apparel
  • Miscellaneous
South America, Europe, Asia, Other.... You get the idea.

Obviously one of those things that is more easily said then done... Just thinking out loud.

Cheers 🍻
I agree, this forum can be VERY difficult to navigate. Just my opinion though, great feedback & suggestion.

Personally, i think its fine as it is. Its easy to find new sales posts in the relevant sections. Its really easy to suss where the sale is either by the member or the currency.

looking at the possible locations / subsections thats 45! new areas to search. A quick look in the exchange is all thats needed now ?

Any thoughts on location options? I'm thinking:

North America
LATAM / South America
Europe
Australia/NZ
India/Asia

Open to any thoughts
it is a good idea as it would be a great way for sellers in certain regions to connect with other collectors of the same region also make it easier to navigate and build good feedback on the forum but i dont think all those categories are needed just Xmetal, O matter, misc would be fine.

regarding currency advertising though i think best if kept in USD as standard with maybe the local currency in brackets ie: 200 USD (280 AUD)

overall a great option as from personal experience i dont usually buy from outside Australia due to the exchange rate and time to post

Back