• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exclusive ProzoneUK Oakley Lens Review: First the Ice Blues

This list is another good deed of bro @cacatman! This goes to show that he sees the good in everyone and being helpful. Kudos bro.

Not against new aftermarket, in fact welcome fair competition since it is about bringing varieties & values to customers.

A few valid points to make, @ProzoneUK

1. If not too much cash involved, please destroy those R1 etched lenses with 99% potential to be passed as a real to newbies, so the X-Metal community have a peace of mind.

2. Make the listing look like one of us: a true aftermarket identity. See example below and highlights.

Good luck!

CC: @kronin323 @SiRacer420 @YakuzaFloralGangsta @Jon the Don @“TRUMP”

14B2802A-70B4-4165-BC45-2767855302CB.jpeg
3DA40224-020E-4AB5-8D3F-A5B192912CA3.jpeg
6C899B36-0CBC-4650-888E-77091E34752E.jpeg
2C4564AE-2DA3-4D90-BABD-57004331539A.jpeg

8345DF1B-C3D8-451A-A716-19A6C4C4D33E.jpeg
4ED87575-2812-4A7A-869A-F0554798A300.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually if cacatman's description was correct and prozone's Fire has a "blue" base then these will be pretty easy to distingish as OEM fire has a contrast base that appears greenish.

But not everyone knows that, that question come up here all the time with newbies.

I do understand your concerns. I already gave orders to change the XM etching. It will be removed from the 3 colours that are close to oem (ice. black, fire). On all the others it will be staying but there will be a small dash between the X and the M. Anybody could take any lenses and try to pass them off as oem. I had somebody try it on me. Bought a Juliet frame listed as Ruby Iridium. Turns out they were Linegear Premium Red.

I do understand your concerns. I already gave orders to change the XM etching. It will be removed from the 3 colours that are close to oem (ice. black, fire). On all the others it will be staying but there will be a small dash between the X and the M. Anybody could take any lenses and try to pass them off as oem. I had somebody try it on me. Bought a Juliet frame listed as Ruby Iridium. Turns out they were Linegear Premium Red.
Photo?
That is why I stay away from eBay or another site trying to pass off Oakley products as being all original or “one of a kind” in their descriptions. I have always bought all my shades from an Oakley store. I am new here and honestly I have a lot to learn.
I wouldn’t mind purchasing a custom frame and lens here because I know that is exactly what is stated in the sellers post. But, adding a ‘-‘ between ‘X-M’ I still wouldn’t know because I have no knowledge of what is original or a replacement.

Photo?
That is why I stay away from eBay or another site trying to pass off Oakley products as being all original or “one of a kind” in their descriptions. I have always bought all my shades from an Oakley store. I am new here and honestly I have a lot to learn.
I wouldn’t mind purchasing a custom frame and lens here because I know that is exactly what is stated in the sellers post. But, adding a ‘-‘ between ‘X-M’ I still wouldn’t know because I have no knowledge of what is original or a replacement.

That is why, you do your research FIRST!

Back