• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FAQ: Why Can't I Access Exchange Areas/Private Messages etc.? [Consolidated]

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
This is a consolidated thread to answer the common questions we see. Feel free to ask any additional questions, and we will update the first post appropriate.

1) Why Can't I see usernames in the Exchange Areas? Why do all listings say "Anonymous" or "Username Hidden"? How do I contact members in the exchange Areas?

Please see the exchange guidelines here: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

In order to access our complete Exchange Areas (including usernames, and contact information) and send Private Messages you must meet the following requirements
  • Be a member for a minimum of 14 days
  • Have at least 15 useful posts
  • For the Misc./Everything Else area, you must be a member for 30 Days!
We do understand some members would like to bypass these requirements and jump right into the exchange areas. At the request of members, our Premium Membership now gives you instant access to all Oakley exchange areas and Messaging abilities.

2) Why Can't I send a Private Message to another member?

Similar to Exchange Access outlined above, in order to send Private Messages you must meet the following requirements:
This is to prevent out of exchange transactions from occurring. If you have a question, there is no need to PM, simply post a thread in the appropriate discussion area.

At the request of members, our Premium Membership now gives you instant access to all Oakley exchange areas and Messaging abilities.

3) I have a great pair to sell on the forum, have been a lifetime Oakley fan and am secretly the second incarnation of Santa Clause, Can I bypass the forum Exchange/PM requirements?

At the request of members, our Premium Membership now gives you instant access to all Oakley exchange areas and Messaging abilities.

4) How do I access the Misc./Everything Else Exchange? What can I sell there?

This section is for selling everything else, non-Oakley related. In order to access the Misc./Everything Else Exchange you must meet the following requirements:
  • Be a member for a minimum of 30 days
5) What is defined as a "Useful" post for Exchange Access?

This is defined at the discretion of our Moderator team and used broadly. If we find a member is simply posting for the sake of gaining access, these posts will not be counted towards the 15 post requirement. We want you to get in those exchange areas, don't worry ;) - but stop by and chat a little first!

6) How do I remove/delete my account?

Do you really want to leave? Really, really?! :). At any time you may disable email alerts, and simply walk away - however to officially delete your account you must use the contact form on the site or email Contact@OakleyForum.com. Additionally, you may Private Message @OakleyBoss.

7) How do I change my username?

To change your username, you may use the contact form on the site or email Contact@OakleyForum.com. Additionally, you may Private Message @OakleyBoss. Be sure to include your desired username.

Last edited:
Any chance this can be posted at the bottom of the website for a quick copy link and post for a new member?

I like it all, but, really? Can't we just give in a little to Santa? ;)

This is a consolidated thread to answer the common questions we see. Feel free to ask any additional questions, and we will update the first post appropriate.

1) Why Can't I see usernames in the Exchange Areas? How do I contact members in the exchange Areas?

Please see the exchange guidelines here: Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum

In order to access our complete Exchange Areas (including usernames, and contact information) and send Private Messages you must meet the following requirements
We do understand some members would like to bypass these requirements and jump right into the exchange areas. At the request of members, our Premium Membership now gives you instant access to all Oakley exchange areas and Messaging abilities.

2) Why Can't I send a Private Message to another member?

Similar to Exchange Access outlined above, in order to send Private Messages you must meet the following requirements:
This is to prevent out of exchange transactions from occurring. If you have a question, there is no need to PM, simply post a thread in the appropriate discussion area.

3) I have a great pair to sell on the forum, have been a lifetime Oakley fan and am secretly the second incarnation of Santa Clause, Can I bypass the forum Exchange/PM requirements?

4) How do I access the Misc./Everything Else Exchange? What can I sell there?

This section is for selling everything else, non-Oakley related. In order to access the Misc./Everything Else Exchange you must meet the following requirements:
  • Be a member for a minimum of 30 days
5) What is defined as a "Useful" post for Exchange Access?

This is defined at the discretion of our Moderator team and used broadly. If we find a member is simply posting for the sake of gaining access, these posts will not be counted towards the 15 post requirement. We want you to get in those exchange areas, don't worry ;) - but stop by and chat a little first!

6) How do I remove/delete my account?

Do you really want to leave? Really, really?! :). At any time you may disable email alerts, and simply walk away - however to officially delete your account you must use the contact form on the site or email Contact@OakleyForum.com. Additionally, you may Private Message @OakleyBoss.

7) How do I change my username?

To change your username, you may use the contact form on the site or email Contact@OakleyForum.com. Additionally, you may Private Message @OakleyBoss. Be sure to include your desired username.[/QUOTE

I'm pretty new here, and just getting acquainted with the forum. I'm a member of several car forums and was wondering if there is a forum search tool that allows me to search threads for specific content?

I'm pretty new here, and just getting acquainted with the forum. I'm a member of several car forums and was wondering if there is a forum search tool that allows me to search threads for specific content?

If you're using the browser interface, it's in the top right corner, right below the "Inbox / Alerts" banner...

If you're using the browser interface, it's in the top right corner, right below the "Inbox / Alerts" banner...
Lol!! Well I feel stupid... Didn't look like a magnifying glass, thought that was pin, to mark or save threads. Thanks Kronin! Been using my phones browser so things are little smaller obviously.

I once remember a post / help section describing which video hosting sites the embed function supports, but I can't find it now. Other than youtube, which are supported?

Latest Posts

Back