1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Saintz

Saintz Oakley Beginner

I have Bottle Rockets which I love, but lens changes are a pain. I have Fast Jackets which I like, and lens changes are easy, but they have some downsides (looser fit, the locking mechanism looks weird, poor lens selection, now discontinued).

How hard is changing lenses on the Flak 2.0 compared to Fast Jacket? Does the Flak 2.0 make a decent replacement for the Fast Jacket, or is it still better to keep a Fast for frequent lens changes?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I've found the Flak 2.0 easier than the Flak 1.0, but still not quite as easy as the Fast.

3. Saintz

Saintz Oakley Beginner

Just what I was wondering. Thanks!

Might have to keep both.

4. Makdaddy

Makdaddy Oakley Beginner

have you tried on the flak 2.0?
    Its more narrow then the fast jacket

5. Saintz

Saintz Oakley Beginner

I have. It seemed to fit between the Fast Jacket and Bottle Rocket.

6. Saintz

Saintz Oakley Beginner

I went to a store recently to try popping a lens in and out. The Flak 2.0 lenses pop out very easily. Getting them back in required handling and compressing the lens a bit, but they do snap in easily. With practice it might be possible to get them back in by only working the frame and touching the edge of the lens to reduce fingerprints and stress on the lens.

If you're trying to change the lens without getting fingerprints on it or having to flex the lens, the Fast Jackets still seem easiest. The Flak I got a little fingerprints on and would need a cleaning, and I probably put some stress on the lens that if done daily for years might cause issues, but would be fine for occasional use.

7. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Try flexing the frame a bit more than the lens...