• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket vs. Flak 2.0 - Lens Changes

Fast or Flak 2.0 for frequent lens changes

• Fast Jacket is easiest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flak 2.0 is easier or close enough

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Saintz

Oakley Beginner
I have Bottle Rockets which I love, but lens changes are a pain. I have Fast Jackets which I like, and lens changes are easy, but they have some downsides (looser fit, the locking mechanism looks weird, poor lens selection, now discontinued).

How hard is changing lenses on the Flak 2.0 compared to Fast Jacket? Does the Flak 2.0 make a decent replacement for the Fast Jacket, or is it still better to keep a Fast for frequent lens changes?

I've found the Flak 2.0 easier than the Flak 1.0, but still not quite as easy as the Fast.

I went to a store recently to try popping a lens in and out. The Flak 2.0 lenses pop out very easily. Getting them back in required handling and compressing the lens a bit, but they do snap in easily. With practice it might be possible to get them back in by only working the frame and touching the edge of the lens to reduce fingerprints and stress on the lens.

If you're trying to change the lens without getting fingerprints on it or having to flex the lens, the Fast Jackets still seem easiest. The Flak I got a little fingerprints on and would need a cleaning, and I probably put some stress on the lens that if done daily for years might cause issues, but would be fine for occasional use.

I went to a store recently to try popping a lens in and out. The Flak 2.0 lenses pop out very easily. Getting them back in required handling and compressing the lens a bit, but they do snap in easily. With practice it might be possible to get them back in by only working the frame and touching the edge of the lens to reduce fingerprints and stress on the lens.

If you're trying to change the lens without getting fingerprints on it or having to flex the lens, the Fast Jackets still seem easiest. The Flak I got a little fingerprints on and would need a cleaning, and I probably put some stress on the lens that if done daily for years might cause issues, but would be fine for occasional use.
Try flexing the frame a bit more than the lens...

Back