• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jackets = Lousy Fit.

eldiablojoe

Oakley Beginner
I just bought a brand spanking new pair of Fast Jackets yesterday, polarized, non-XL. I've had a pair of Flak Jackets (USC edition) that I just absolutely love. They fit PERFECTLY. I use them for running, and whether it's 10 miles on my face or on top of my head, they never move an inch and I forget they are there.

I'm gradually turning into an Oakley fanatic. I've spent hours and hours on their website over the last two weeks, lol.

These new Fast Jackets, however, are heavier, and they fit sloppily. They are loose on my face. Is there a way to adjust the fit? Can an optometrist heat up the frames and tighten the curvature inward? I'm actually disappointed in them.

Any suggestions? Returning them is NOT an option, unfortunately.

I felt the exact same way. The Flak Jacket grabs perfectly and always stayed on my face but the Fast Jacket would bounce around.

Flak Jacket takes the cake IMO.

^ what he said. I have 4 pairs of Flak Jackets, I love them. Plus they're one of the few Oakley's that actually fit my thin face I'm cursed with......hah. I'd like to be able to wear fast jackets but they're just too big, can't imagine how bad of a fit they'd be on me.

There's always the option of selling them on here and picking up a new pair of Flaks.

I have a set of Flaks I can't get rid of. They're a bit too small for me and I just don't like wearing them :sad:

U might be able to trade or sell them on here or Ebay...I have a small face and cant wear them ...a cheaper alternative to another pair of Flaks is the Half Jacket 2.0 which is more of a smaller fit and comes with the large nose pads which I need to make them sit right...I have very thin nose bridge

I agree with Piper. The Half Jacket 2.0 has that Flak Jacket Feel, but the Fast Jacket look :smile:. The Fast Jacket's are a little too wide for my taste.

Love my flak jackets. Nothing else fits like those do. Sorry to hear about the fast jackets...would have figured they'd fit close to the same

So no one has any experience or idea on how to get them adjusted? Bummer :( Thanks for the replies though. I don't know what I'm going to do with them now. I really wanted classic black with polarized lenses for everyday use (the Flak Jackets are for my running). I can't really explain why I can't return or exchange them. I mean I can, but I won't. I don't want to put something or someone in a bad spot. They are authentic, and they are brand-new. Bummed.

Back