• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Going To Buy My First Pair Of Xmetals =)

Rezechs

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
Well i am returning my Radarlocks i got the other day as i don't have the face to pull off that large of a frame of glasses so with that money now i'm getting my first pair of xmetals the problem is i am torn between either the X-Metal Frame or the Carbons as i like them both some1 push me over the edge on either color.

i am 90% set on a set of X Squareds as opposed to juliets

imo the classic first piece is an Xmetal juliet. xmetal is alot more hardy as a raw surface- carbon can wear/scratch/fade more easily.

i say the juliet over the xsquared, to be honest. the juliet is why xmetals are famous. the xsquared doesnt quite represent the xmetal range as a whole.. the styling cues are just that tiny bit off.
plus if the radar looked too big, you probably wanna go for the smaller sleeker juliet than the blocky xsquared.

I agree with Brip too. Same reasons. I have about 6 Juliets, 24k and Infinite Hero amongst them. Juliets are the reason people buy the X-Metal collection. Mars as well, but they stopped them way too soon

If you like the X-squared better then go for it. Personally Im not a huge Juliet fan myself. The squared is a larger, more aggresive and modern looking. Plus I find the stems more comfortable, and you won't have to worry about the flex coupler as much. Of course you should really get both, but if your patient some used Juleits in good condition can be found pretty cheap.

Try them both on and see what you prefer. Then grab those. Either one will be a nice pair of glasses. But like all the others I would probably go for the Juliets first.

i tried on both pairs neither seemed to hit the spot, juliets looked way 2 small and squareds looked just a tad 2 big =( i may just hold off i suppose and get a pair further down the line for display purposes or till i get more meat on my face >_>

i tried on both pairs neither seemed to hit the spot, juliets looked way 2 small and squareds looked just a tad 2 big =( i may just hold off i suppose and get a pair further down the line for display purposes or till i get more meat on my face >_>
get an XX

Back