• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally! Romeo 2 have been refurb'ed :D

MysteriousRacerX

Oakley Beginner
So I've had a pair of Romeo 2 with mostly deteriorated rubber (the _original_ Root Beer). They've been through a few lenses (most recently some very mediocre parts from a decently known supplier off Amazon). When I redid my XXs, I got extra nosebridge parts for the Romeo (rivets and gaskets, fresh gaskets) from Linegear, and I did fix them, but after the lenses crapped out, they've been cased for several months.

Well, I just recently saw Linegear has Romeo 2 rubber! Got my order in, a full set, even got their new orbital lens screws (mine were stripped from using the wrong tool - that has since been corrected!). So here they are: new Linegear rubber (temple shocks, ear socks, nosepads) in red, Linegear lenses in their new Premium Red, orb screws:

IMG_3288.jpg

Everything went together perfectly, and Linegear Romeo 2 lenses are spectacular (they're properly cut/molded to fit the orbitals perfect, nice and tight.

Last edited:
So I've had a pair of Romeo 2 with mostly deteriorated rubber (the _original_ Root Beer). They've been through a few lenses (most recently some very mediocre parts from a decently known supplier off Amazon). When I redid my XXs, I got extra nosebridge parts for the Romeo (rivets and gaskets, fresh gaskets) from Linegear, and I did fix them, but after the lenses crapped out, they've been cased for several months.

Well, I just recently saw Linegear has Romeo 2 rubber! Got my order in, a full set, even got their new orbital lens screws (mine were stripped from using the wrong tool - that has since been corrected!). So here they are: new Linegear rubber (temple shocks, ear socks, nosepads) in red, Linegear lenses in their new Premium Red, orb screws:

View attachment 440249

Everything went together perfectly, and Linegear Romeo 2 lenses are spectacular (they're properly cut/molded to fit the orbitals perfect, nice and tight.
Sweet! What are the premium reds like compared to ruby/fire/ruby prizm OEM?

Thanks everyone, yeah, I had been wanting to do a pair in red (I've mostly done black rubber + dark or blue lenses), turned out great!

Sweet! What are the premium reds like compared to ruby/fire/ruby prizm OEM?

You know, it's been so long since I've had a set of OEM lenses, I can't even remember :D The description at their site is pretty accurate (from just a little use today), they compare them to the original Ruby Iridium:

ROMEO 2 - Premium Red

I went with non-polarized for these (my XX I need to assemble I went polarized, I like to have both options). These have a nice soft brightness and glare reduction, excellent DOF, a touch of a cool color shift (to me at least).

Back