1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I recently got a pair of Monster Dog that I plan on modifying. Can someone tell me how I get the icons off, remove the lens and take off the arms? Totally lost here!

Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I think there is a thread on here on removing the Icons....the lenses should pop right out if pushing from the inside of the frame. I am not sure about the ear stems.

3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

easiest way is to simply boil some water in a pyrex type measuring cup or a coffee cup. pop the lenses out, drop in one side icon down for like 20-30 secs, then pull them out and you can usually pry up with your middle fingernail or a toothpick. That's how I do them. Keeps the adhesive (double sided tape) in tact and still sticky to re-apply.

4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Good tip I might have to try that one day

5. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

Ended up getting it all done! Lenses just popped out easier than I thought! Icons, I just used the very tip of a sharp knife and carefully lifted them out. The ear stems also just popped out with a slight twist as the little things holding them in place are just plastic.

Now the question remains! What lenses, icons, colour/effect to put on these bad boys!?

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

That will depend on what you are doing to the frame, what colour will it be?

7. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I'm REALLY liking the 24k lenses but I also love the Ruby, so the lens choice is definitely between those two. As for frame, I still have no idea! If I go with the Ruby lens I'm thinking maybe a Polished Carbon Fibre effect. The 24k's on the other hand I'm at a loss for what might look good with them! Open to suggestions!??

8. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

you wanna do a water transfer project or painting the frame?

polished carbon fiber would be cool with +red too!
    maybe a blood red for the 24k's and cold icons?!

where do you got the 24k lenses - custom cut right?

9. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

I need some trench coat lenses if anyone can help

10. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I'm thinking water transfer for the carbon fibre look. If I go the Ruby lens I will buy Oakley ones, the 24k will either be custom cut or aftermarket.