1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. PBRmeASAP

PBRmeASAP Oakley Beginner

New here so hopefully i'm not doing anything wrong. But just got my brothers first gen glasses and looking for new lenses and wondering if you guys know where to get some. Purplish tinted frames with the regular grayish lenses that are really scratched. I'd be cool with gray lenses unless i could find the correct style blue Iridium they came with also.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Any idea of the frame names or possibly a pic?

3. PBRmeASAP

Hope these pictures work.
    First Gen Reaplacement Lenses? - 2012-09-17_19-14-53_39.jpg
    First Gen Reaplacement Lenses? - 2012-09-17_19-15-04_705.jpg
    My brother got them in the mid 80's i believe. Metal hinges, hope that helps. I can take different pics or better of area's if that helps.

Jeff

4. SJJ28

SJJ28 Oakley Beginner

IF they are real Gen 1 Frogs.. which I cant tell from those pics...the new replacement OAKLEY lenses DO fit well. I have several pairs that Ive replaced the lenses with lenses from the OCP.

Steve...

5. PBRmeASAP

Sorry the pics are not the best, what area would i need to post pics of that would tell what they gen they are? They were purchased somewhere between 84-87.

Ok, been reading more and more on here....Metal hinges, and flat Oalkey logo on the sides
    First Gen Reaplacement Lenses? - 2012-09-18_18-10-56_920_zps88bb324b.jpg
    First Gen Reaplacement Lenses? - 2012-09-18_18-11-07_832_zpsaf2e7232.jpg
    And the bag they came in says Made in the USA. Am i correct to assume GEN 1? Also where is the best place to purchase replacement lenses?

Thanks
    Jeff

6. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

The 1st gen were made in Japan, hence the little Japan text on the inside of the right earstem on the ear curve.